Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

4 months ago

You want a name? What about Villas Boas? How do we know he wouldn't be brilliant, just workout somehow ? Click with the players, i mean we've had three managers now that didn't manage that and people on here got up in a bunch supporting each of these managers and wtf did they know? We ended up (as always) judging the football we were actually watching not what might happen....
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
sheesh
Legend

4 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
4 months ago
Listen, there’s not ONE of us who love the way we’ve played this year. For the record I’ve NEVER wanted Jose at United... but he ended up here. After two managers in 3/4 years it’s important we settle that shit down or we’re no better than Chelski.

No doubt he’s brought some authority back and obviously we’ve improved regarding league position and trophies etc.

Next season we have to improve again. That means a serious title challenge and more trophies.

Also, people need to remember it’s not just us who are so far behind City. They’ve have a freak season where half the fucking teams they played bottled it even before kick off. Everyone wants to beat United and raise their game, they don’t do that for City. That’s a fact we have to deal with.
IMO, he's going to have to get another season because I don't see another Guardiola or Klopp out there, who can come in and get us playing attacking, winning football and really get us competing for the big trophies. I know certain names have been thrown out by people on here, but I tend not to watch other teams that often, so can't comment on them.

Also, as I said to Snoop, we have improved in the league (very incrementally, I have to say). More goals scored, fewer conceded and more points than last season.

Things feel shit because we're playing shit football, despite having made significant investment in the side. Other teams that may or may not have the resources we do have a more entertaining style of play. City have won the league at a canter and the Scousers (who are not far off us in the league) could well end up in the Champions League Final. Spurs are a more entertaining side to watch.

If we give Mourinho a huge wad of cash this summer, will he invest it wisely? I made a point yesterday about the signings he's already made, in terms of how many of them we would class as unqualified successes. Even if he signs top-class players in the summer, will we suddenly become world beaters? The current evidence is not encouraging.
Last edited by sheesh on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

We've got the same standards as Arsenal, he's not getting sacked. Also because at some point 3 failed coaches and half a billion spent in 5 years with only the Europa to show for it is going to blow back on Woodward.

As for coaches (again) Ancellotti. His one season in the prem he scored 100+ goals and won the league I think. Maybe the most goals in prem history? And obv this is his specialty - wins everywhere he goes on the big club circuit and has potential for longevity (Milan stint).
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

image.jpeg
marlon
Legend

4 months ago

Look at Spurs and Liverpool there, it's not rocket science
bman2
Legend

4 months ago

I'm not bothered by net spend. First of all, it's Mickey Mouse because even if you assume the headline transfer fees are accurate, no one outside of the deals knows the specifics of the payment plans. You might get it all in one go, it might be spread over years, some of it might be conditional, blah blah blah. But more importantly, over the last five years we've had to replace almost the entirety of one of the greatest sides England has ever seen -- in Ferguson's last seven years, it won the league five times and missed out the other two times by a combined total of one point. Plus the CL, two more CL finals, etc. Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Rio, Vida, Evra, Neville etc. Not to mention we all know Ronaldo wasn't replaced. So Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool have made good money selling players in their prime. We've tried to build a whole new team letting our previous big names retire or go on frees. Only VDS has been properly replaced from the good old days. Have we properly replaced Rooney, Scholes, Gigs, Rio, Vida, or Evra with as talented a player? Have we fuck, we haven't even replaced Carrick or van Persie yet. Lingard is an adequate replacement for Park though...

No question transfers over the past few years, under three managers, has seen a lot of money wasted, but I'm not bothered by "net spend" in our case.
Snoopcousins
Legend

4 months ago

Agree Bman
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Paul Pogba, Alexis Sánchez, Juan Mata and Ander Herrera are all under threat of being dropped for Saturday’s FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham after Jose Mourinho promised to wield the axe in the wake of Manchester United’s abject showing against West Bromwich Albion.

Mourinho reacted to Sunday’s dismal 1-0 defeat by the Premier League’s bottom club, which handed the title to rivals Manchester City with five games to spare, by admitting the performances of some players had already persuaded him not to start them at Wembley this weekend.
“Rotating is not the right word – if I play a player against Bournemouth and the player is phenomenal, he plays the semi-final,” said Mourinho. “So it is not rotating, because rotating looks like a player that plays against Bournemouth is to give a rest to somebody that is going to play against Spurs in the semi-final.

“So the word is not rotation – it is an opportunity for people, for some people to play and to try to get a place in the team for Spurs, and some of the guys who played [against West Brom] don’t have a place in that team [against Spurs]. They don’t have a place in that team.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... aul-pogba/
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

So who is he going to drop for the biggest game of the season, and will they hold a grudge against him

It's a fucking soap opera tbf
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Sounds like Fellaini time.