Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
sheesh
Legend

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby sheesh » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:13 pm

I struggle to understand what part of my post you disagree with, Snoop. I said that City have played far better football than anyone else. Doesn't change the fact that we have lost silly points.

You're right that, in other seasons, those dropped points may not have mattered so much but it's annoying nonetheless. I wish we were still at least giving City a fight, that's all. Not sure where the argument is there?

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:02 pm

"You do realise that City are on the most points EVER?"
And that any other season we would be first or only a couple points off top?!!"

That's a shite argument, Snoop. It's Liverpool esque "if this was 2 seasons ago we'd have enough points to win the league"

So fucking what. What matters is now. This season. City have raised the bar so we have to match it - end of. You might be content with second and winning a hypothetical league but United fans aren't.

The money is there. We've one of the most expensive squads in football and the highest wage bill in all of sport - it's time to get results, not console ourselves with "if this was 2011 we'd have won the league by 4 points". It's irrelevant.

It's the kind of shit Liverpool have been saying for the last 25 years. We raised the bar under Fergie, they couldn't match it, so we cleaned up all of the trophies. That's how it works. When another team raises the bar, you have to match it otherwise you're nowhere.

This is why I say you're a Jose fan first and a United fan second. You're so desperate to defend him that you put your United fandom second.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Haha... Yeah, we've spent a lot of money, and City have spent more Sid... they had a better team than we did to begin with... and they've spent more than us improving it further... you want to slate Snoops for his shit argument... take a hard look at your own!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

Postby lkhmffsstopmovingabout » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:09 pm

joey raised the bar once

he won’t raise it again tbf

only taggarts raised it twice
lkhm

hoofing

Notts Forest manager Ron Atkinson's thoughts after losing 8-1 at the City ground to Manchester United.

"Well there's not many other teams can say they've been involved in an 9 goal thriller with the champions is there??"

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:13 pm

The shittest argument of them all is that football results are determined entirely by money spent, that whoever's spent the most wins the game. That's your argument Alf, and it's utter shite.

We just got outplayed, again, by a team that cost less than half ours - wages and transfers included.

The money spent compared to City is skewed because we've signed two top players on frees. If we'd have paid transfer fees for Ibra and Sanchez we'd have probably outspent City. So it's not a case of not having the players.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:36 pm

It's not my fuckin argument Sid... it's YOUR FUCKIN ARGUMENTT... it's always your fucking argument... United have spent "£400mill"... that's been the backbone of your fuckin endless griping for months...

No one here is happy with second, but it's where we are, and any fuckin REASONABLE fan would see that we've made progress... we are second only to a team that is simply better than we are...

But you just can't allow anyone to argue that it's progress because it shuts down your entire reason for being on this forum right now...

Beginning of this season, and every cunt on this board would have accepted second as a good season, progress made, and a positive... some HOPED for more, but no one expected more... except in your pissy fuckin argument, where "the Jose fan club" predicted the PL title, and Champs league glory, and any other cup we were interested in...

Chelsea just got spanked by fuckin Bournemouth... that's your man Conte, who you couldn't get enough of last year, when he schooled Mourinho... well he's suckin wind now... int' he???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm

Tbf you do realise that Utd could only have directly decreased City's points by 3 ,

( fuck me it's empty again)

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:09 am

Money spent is literally your sole argument

"Yeah, we've spent a lot of money, and City have spent more Sid... they had a better team than we did to begin with... and they've spent more than us improving it further..."

You put forward no other reason as to why they're good, just money spent before Pep took over (meaning they had a better squad) and money spent since he's been manager

So you can piss your pants all you want, but it is your argument Alf, and it's proven to be bollocks

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:18 am

Haha... ok, Sid... you're right... all it would have taken is some good coaching, especially Jones and Smalling, and we'd be better than City... I stand corrected! And it was obviously good coaching by Guardiola, that made Silva, De Bruyne, and Aguero better than our lot! No doubt about that... more of that wicked insight mate... is there anything you don't know about football???

Steggo
Legend

Postby Steggo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 am