Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Lazarus
Legend

Re: Jose Mourinho

Postby Lazarus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:33 pm

"There's no doubting the footballs been shite." Exactly Harry, wtf have i been saying and getting dogs abuse from you for two seasons? You haven't been saying that for two years you've been spouting 'Trust in Jose' and trying to claim that games that have been shite have been great and that every fucker is to blame but Jose. I'm not calling for his head i'm calling for better more consistent football. Give the players a chance to be attacking, creative, brave. And stop crowing about beating average or worse teams.
"?"

Lazarus
Legend

Postby Lazarus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:41 pm

"Pogba's struggles in central role a problem of Mourinho's making"

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 66981.html

So what is Pogba's role in the team? What's his best position? Why hasn't that been worked out yet? So who's to blame Jose or Pogba? For me it's Jose all day long.

....and they can stick this bullshit PR spin up their collective holes.....

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... a-14243427
"?"

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Jose should expect Pogba to be disiplined / capable of a variation in midfield play ,he ain't exactly asking him to play in goal or right back , he may not be as effective in that place but that's up to Jose where he gets the best out of the lad .

The jury is out on where Pogba should play but that ain't Jose's , fault for me I think he should be a numb 10 behind in the present side Sanchez, but then Jose is relying to much on Matic , has Fellani injured ( and possibly in the departure lounge) Herrera not good enough but ultimately have to use him the kid who played Sat plus Carrick finished and a makeshift Blind.

As for the MEN article the manager was criticised for publicly calling out players early season and when he gives them encouragement in public he gets a pelter too?

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:16 pm

by Lazarus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:33 pm

"There's no doubting the footballs been shite." Exactly Harry, wtf have i been saying and getting dogs abuse from you for two seasons? You haven't been saying that for two years you've been spouting 'Trust in Jose' and trying to claim that games that have been shite have been great and that every fucker is to blame but Jose. I'm not calling for his head i'm calling for better more consistent football. Give the players a chance to be attacking, creative, brave. And stop crowing about beating average or worse teams.

Belt up you big tart. What the fuck do you know about consistency. It doesn't matter how they've played you've always found time to slate Joey. End of.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Lazarus
Legend

Postby Lazarus » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 pm

How about trying a reasonable argument? Debate my point? And no matter how many times you claim i'm against Jose it's as true as your belief i supported LVG....... =))
"?"

danniitronix
Legend

Postby danniitronix » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:42 pm

Pogba’s role is to Boss midfield in HIS team, except that he has been dropped like sticky dog egg.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:16 pm

I saw that Jose said something about the need to work on our "attacking dynamic", or something like that, after the last game. I'm glad that he recognises that. Sanchez is a good player who improves our forward line, but it really doesn't look like it's more than the sum of its parts, it's just three (or four) individual players doing their thing.

We were banging in the goals in the first month of the season, but our scoring rate has been gradually dribbling downward since then. In fact, after the first six games, which we did really well in, our record for the past 20 games is exactly the same as Liverpool's.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 pm

It was superior fitness levels that gave us those big scores.

The performances in some of em was shite n all. We only got on top of them when they tired toward the end of the game.

senna
Legend

Postby senna » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm

We are 6th in chances created.

Sums up our attacking.

bman2
Legend

Postby bman2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:43 pm

James Ducker in the Telegraph:

"Despite his reputation, United manager's faith in youth has put Guardiola in the shade"

It was mostly overlooked at the time, a casualty of the fanfare surrounding Alexis Sanchez's signing a few days earlier, but when Manchester United announced Jose Mourinho had signed a new contract last month, there was a line from the club's executive vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, praising the manager's commitment to blooding youth.
"He has embraced the club's desire to promote top quality young players to the first team," said Woodward, a pointed response to those who suggested the Portuguese would pay little more than lip service to the club's rich traditions of cultivating home-grown talent.
Those suggestions had solid enough foundations. For all the success Mourinho's managerial career has brought him, there has been a perennial black splodge next to the box marked youth development and no one has been more aware of this than the man himself.
It has felt very different at United, though, and while entrenched reputations can take a long time to change, certain perceptions are, for now at least, being challenged.
There has been an understandable rush to measure Mourinho and United's every move against what Pep Guardiola has been doing at Manchester City. But while Guardiola has raised all sorts of bars this term, there is a certain irony that Mourinho - "the monster that kills the little kids" as he sarcastically described himself last week - has bought into the academy ethos in a way his great adversary, often heralded as a champion of youth, has yet to do with any particular conviction down the road.
Tomorrow marks the 60th anniversary of the Munich air disaster, and on a weekend when United supporters honoured the memory of the Busby Babes - one of the ultimate symbols of the potency of youth - there was something rather poignant about Mourinho dropping Paul Pogba and playing academy graduate Scott McTominay in the £89million man's place against Huddersfield.
Before anyone hints at an ulterior motive there, it is worth remembering that Mourinho has never been one for sentiment and that McTominay had already made more starts this season than the entirety of the five academy graduates at City who have fleetingly tasted first-team football under Guardiola since August. Note, too, that Marcus Rashford has made more appearances - 90 - than anyone since Mourinho took charge at United and another academy graduate, Jesse Lingard, who has also flourished, is fourth on that list.
While Mourinho was extolling the virtues of McTominay, or the "kid" as he affectionately calls him, Guardiola was whining about not having enough players in the wake of a mounting injury list and a failed move for Riyad Mahrez, and reiterated the point with a grimly petty decision to name only six substitutes against Burnley.
Such arguments really do not hold much sway when you have spent £450 million in 19 months and have an academy awash with exciting talents, any number of whom would have benefited from the experience of a match-day with the first-team squad. "If you're the academy or reserve-team manager at Manchester City, you must think, 'I'm wasting my time'," said Gary Neville, the former United defender and Sky Sports pundit. "Rather than saying in an interview, 'I haven't got the players', he could say he's brought a young player from the youth team who has been wonderful this season. It's really poor. And I can guarantee you the youth-team coach and reserve-team coach at Manchester City will feel disheartened by him having six players on the bench."
It was a wretched move Mourinho's critics might have once expected him to make but the tide seems to be turning.