Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
fat maradona
First Teamer

3 months ago

Sid, stop banging on about how much he's spent ffs. I think it's a bit irrelevant, quoting sums, as the transfer fee is no guarantee of the player succeeding. The crucial thing is how he integrates them into the team, how he manages them and ultimately, how they play for the team. He could have spent £40m bringing in 7 players, and each one of them could have made a massive difference if he knew how to manage them.
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

When City spent something like 250M just on defenders this season alone, and Liverpool spent 80M or 90M on one CB, it doesn't seem very meaningful to put Jose over a barrel over transfer costs, especially when everyone knows we had a dodgy squad with big gaps almost everywhere.

It's fairer to judge him on the success of his transfers, which is pretty good so far.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
3 months ago
Found this on tweet on Twitter, knew some of you would love it!:

In the last few weeks:

United 2-1 Chelsea
United 2-1 Liverpool
Man City 2-3 United
United 2-1 Tottenham

If you don’t think we’re making progress under Jose Mourinho, you’re wrong.

In Jose we trust. 🇾🇪 #mufc
A devastating twit..... Where did you get this info??? It's as well you post every now and again Bri or we'd have no clue shit like this happened.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
Sid, stop banging on about how much he's spent ffs. I think it's a bit irrelevant, quoting sums, as the transfer fee is no guarantee of the player succeeding. The crucial thing is how he integrates them into the team, how he manages them and ultimately, how they play for the team. He could have spent £40m bringing in 7 players, and each one of them could have made a massive difference if he knew how to manage them.
Pogba for example.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Pogba has five goals and ten assists in the league, and hasn’t played 2000 minutes yet, due mostly to injury, and has mostly been playing in a fairly deep position. If all our players underperformed like that we’d be champions.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

fat maradona wrote:
3 months ago
You can pretend it's not relevant but ultimately it's what the Glazers care about. They want a return on their investment, as do we, in the form of trophies.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

bman2 wrote:
3 months ago
Pogba has five goals and ten assists in the league, and hasn’t played 2000 minutes yet, due mostly to injury, and has mostly been playing in a fairly deep position. If all our players underperformed like that we’d be champions.
When you pick a definitive position on Pogba let me know Bman.....
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
bman2
Legend

3 months ago

Don’t know what you’re getting at there. I’ve always been solidly in the pro-Pogba camp, bags of talent. Maybe I’ve moaned about him in the heat of the moment during or after matches.

We haven’t seen the consistent class yet he showed at Juve, but my point is that even having a so-so season and missing a lot of games, he’s slowly built up very respectable numbers, which I think is a sign of innate quality.
Lazarus
Legend

3 months ago

"We’ve got a great manager," said David De Gea. "He’s very experienced, he’s won everything there is to win in the game.

"What he is really good at is transmitting his winning mentality to the group."

De Gea admits Manchester United players have to step up to the plate once they take to the pitch though.

"However, at the end of the day, it’s down to ourselves – the players on the field," he added.

"It is us who make the saves, create the chances and score the goals.

"So, as a group, we’ve got to get that level of consistency and quality throughout the season."

De Gea is on course to win the Premier League Golden Glove this season having kept 17 clean sheets.

And he says he’s been happy about how his campaign’s gone on a personal note.

"Yeah, I’m pretty pleased with my performance," he said. "It’s been a fairly complete, all round set of performances from me.

"I’ve felt good, felt fit and in good form physically throughout the season.

"Let’s hope that these last few games to go before the end of the season continue the form, then leading into the World Cup, which is an important time for Spain."

:)) .....damned by faint praise!
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

3 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
3 months ago
"We’ve got a great manager," said David De Gea. "He’s very experienced, he’s won everything there is to win in the game.

"What he is really good at is transmitting his winning mentality to the group."

De Gea admits Manchester United players have to step up to the plate once they take to the pitch though.

"However, at the end of the day, it’s down to ourselves – the players on the field," he added.

"It is us who make the saves, create the chances and score the goals.

"So, as a group, we’ve got to get that level of consistency and quality throughout the season."

De Gea is on course to win the Premier League Golden Glove this season having kept 17 clean sheets.

And he says he’s been happy about how his campaign’s gone on a personal note.

"Yeah, I’m pretty pleased with my performance," he said. "It’s been a fairly complete, all round set of performances from me.

"I’ve felt good, felt fit and in good form physically throughout the season.

"Let’s hope that these last few games to go before the end of the season continue the form, then leading into the World Cup, which is an important time for Spain."

:)) .....damned by faint praise!
Scraping the barrel there again Laz
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018