Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

I sure do 'preciate all the help from you guys regarding how this whole football and press thing works. I've only been here on planet earth for a short while and all this stuff is just so confusing.......... who said what when and did they really. How do people trust anybody these days????

.........FFS!
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago

Do you think he didn't say this? Because that changes everything!!! ;)
I'm just interested in chasing up the source and looking at the context. The fact I can't find the supposed source makes it an unreliable quotation. It's nothing new by any standards but perhaps highlights the chain of leaked and completely made up bullshit that creates a public opinion such as those being posted in this thread (and others). Whether it changes anything is irrelevant to me but me posting that I can't find a source is just as relevant as you posting the supposed quote.
I'm not basing my opinions on Jose on quotes from news outlets. His true or untrue utterances are just baubles and frippery. My opinion is based primarily on what i've seen him doing since he took over at Porto. I'm not questioning your points relevance.
So was your reason for posting just that we all need to be informed of something that supports your opinion of him being a cock, misreported or not?
I was just reporting i'd seen it, put it up here to generate interest and it worked. No need to thank me, i'm just trying to pull my weight.

Has there been a disclaimer from Jose's people, Detective Montalbano??? :-?
Are you calling me bald, you cunt?

Anyway... having thanked Marlon for posting the article with the original as an image, I discovered that i'm fucked if I can really read the text in an image that small... so I steamed round to my father-in-law's and his housekeeper has already thrown his copy away and I don't know anyone else who buys it. I'll see if I can find a better scan of it now I know the title of the article.

What I can say is that the translation of "magari potessi…", in that context, is definitely "i wish I could have".
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
marlon
Legend

1 month ago

might be big enough

Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
FuB wrote:
1 month ago

I'm just interested in chasing up the source and looking at the context. The fact I can't find the supposed source makes it an unreliable quotation. It's nothing new by any standards but perhaps highlights the chain of leaked and completely made up bullshit that creates a public opinion such as those being posted in this thread (and others). Whether it changes anything is irrelevant to me but me posting that I can't find a source is just as relevant as you posting the supposed quote.
I'm not basing my opinions on Jose on quotes from news outlets. His true or untrue utterances are just baubles and frippery. My opinion is based primarily on what i've seen him doing since he took over at Porto. I'm not questioning your points relevance.
So was your reason for posting just that we all need to be informed of something that supports your opinion of him being a cock, misreported or not?
I was just reporting i'd seen it, put it up here to generate interest and it worked. No need to thank me, i'm just trying to pull my weight.

Has there been a disclaimer from Jose's people, Detective Montalbano??? :-?
Are you calling me bald, you cunt?

Anyway... having thanked Marlon for posting the article with the original as an image, I discovered that i'm fucked if I can really read the text in an image that small... so I steamed round to my father-in-law's and his housekeeper has already thrown his copy away and I don't know anyone else who buys it. I'll see if I can find a better scan of it now I know the title of the article.

What I can say is that the translation of "magari potessi…", in that context, is definitely "i wish I could have".
:))

Don't be trying to solve this on my account, i'm happy to be wrong. It sounds like something he'd say so that's good enough for me at this stage. Bman probably has a few more sources to tap before he gives his considered opinion.....

Tbf, '''magari potessi' sounds like a strain i'd smoke.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
might be big enough

:-B
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

marlon wrote:
1 month ago
might be big enough

thanks again. Marlon. that's far more legible except that, for some bizarre reason, whoever scanned it actually cut off the "big" quote at the end of column one so I can't see exactly what he said. Even so, the "Ah ah" at the end of the quote (top of column 2) is a typical Italian way of writing down laughter... but a lot of laughter, not just a single "ha ha". the quote is framed at the beginning as being clearly ironic and the lead up to the quote is making quite a point of how his normal arrogant swagger had been missing and seemed to have returned for this conversation.

The bit about the aeroplane is making it really clear he's having a laugh - very much a whisper in the ear mock conspiratorial thing on the part of the journalist and they make a point that his laughter is "real laughter from being happy and relaxed". "magari potessi" might actually be better put as "if only I could".

There aren't really very many quotes in it at all. The one I find most interesting is the "qui sono solo il capoallenatore, mica il manager" which is "here i'm only the head coach, not the manager" and, as they go on to point out, is a clear dig at his inability to be in control of transfer business. I didn't see anyone make anything of that but that seems more telling than any of the other shit.
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

MADRID (Reuters) - Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has reached a deal with the Spanish tax authorities to serve one year in prison in a tax evasion case, El Mundo newspaper reported on Tuesday. Mourinho is unlikely to serve any time in jail under the deal because Spanish law states that a sentence of under two years for a first offence can be served on probation. The Spanish tax agency was not immediately available for comment.
Sid
Legend

1 month ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 month ago
MADRID (Reuters) - Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has reached a deal with the Spanish tax authorities to serve one year in prison in a tax evasion case, El Mundo newspaper reported on Tuesday. Mourinho is unlikely to serve any time in jail under the deal because Spanish law states that a sentence of under two years for a first offence can be served on probation. The Spanish tax agency was not immediately available for comment.
Half our team are tax dodging scum
Lazarus
Legend

1 month ago

dozer wrote: Let me guess, Laz and Sid have already decided that Jose and C-Ron are guilty. Just like they decide that Rooney will always have a good game and the players they don't like will always be bad on the pitch and off it. I suppose they're hoping Pogba dies or gets a serious injury? Or perhaps some jail time? Too religious for me

:))
FuB
Legend

1 month ago

i'm sure this has had some effect on his mood of late. imagine having a few millions less than you want. what a bind.

what if the Spaniards decide they want to enforce the jail time though... Mourinho on the run... a fugitive from the law