Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

....At least he's pretending to like Rashford again now that he has scored whilst on England duty. He even had a piece of paper like Rafa had with "FACTS" on it..... ffs.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 18580.html
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
Lukaku....

"Sometimes footballers, we get soft a little bit,” said Lukaku, speaking to BBC’s Football Focus.

“If I listen to players from back in the day and now a manager cannot say what he wants to a player because you feel attacked.

But I don’t feel attacked because that’s who I am – I’m a tough man. But that doesn’t come from football, that comes from my background.

“My relationship with him [Mourinho] is cool. He makes me laugh, he makes the players laugh, he’s a real family guy.

“He fights for his players but he’s real. When you’re not happy you don’t need to fake your emotions.

“People need to appreciate that. At least there are people who are real in this world like him because most of the managers in the league, when they’re not happy they try to find a way to seem happy.

“You should respect that he wants to keep his own personality and not shy away from confrontation.”

He sounds like one of Trump's minions..... HE get's it, HE can see what the rest of us can't, HE's man enough to deal with Jose's strenght, OTHERS need to get on board....... This will do wonders for squad cohesion. BTW what does "he’s a real family guy." mean? He lives away from his family in a hotel ffs!!! Maybe he thinks he's like Peter Griffin..... "I've got an idea. An idea so smart my head would explode if i even began to know what i was talking about."
It's alright for Rom, Jose has never called him out. He's one of Mourinho's minions. When he went through that barron spell, Jose slagged off the fans instead, even made up a lie about us booing him. So fair enough he can think what he wants but it doesn't disprove any of the criticisms about Mourinho's manmanagement skills in the modern game.

And the idea that being able to handle the abuse is a question of being "tough enough" is shite.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
....At least he's pretending to like Rashford again now that he has scored whilst on England duty. He even had a piece of paper like Rafa had with "FACTS" on it..... ffs.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 18580.html
He's having his van Gaal stats moment, when he responded to criticism from Allardyce about long balls with that dossier in the press conference :))

We've already had his 'Louis van Gaals red & white army' chant moment when Jose said we don't read fake news
FuB
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Lazarus wrote:
2 months ago
Lukaku....

"Sometimes footballers, we get soft a little bit,” said Lukaku, speaking to BBC’s Football Focus.

“If I listen to players from back in the day and now a manager cannot say what he wants to a player because you feel attacked.

But I don’t feel attacked because that’s who I am – I’m a tough man. But that doesn’t come from football, that comes from my background.

“My relationship with him [Mourinho] is cool. He makes me laugh, he makes the players laugh, he’s a real family guy.

“He fights for his players but he’s real. When you’re not happy you don’t need to fake your emotions.

“People need to appreciate that. At least there are people who are real in this world like him because most of the managers in the league, when they’re not happy they try to find a way to seem happy.

“You should respect that he wants to keep his own personality and not shy away from confrontation.”

He sounds like one of Trump's minions..... HE get's it, HE can see what the rest of us can't, HE's man enough to deal with Jose's strenght, OTHERS need to get on board....... This will do wonders for squad cohesion. BTW what does "he’s a real family guy." mean? He lives away from his family in a hotel ffs!!! Maybe he thinks he's like Peter Griffin..... "I've got an idea. An idea so smart my head would explode if i even began to know what i was talking about."
It's alright for Rom, Jose has never called him out. He's one of Mourinho's minions. When he went through that barron spell, Jose slagged off the fans instead, even made up a lie about us booing him. So fair enough he can think what he wants but it doesn't disprove any of the criticisms about Mourinho's manmanagement skills in the modern game.

And the idea that being able to handle the abuse is a question of being "tough enough" is shite.
I have to disagree with that, Sid. At the most basic level, it IS about being "tough enough" to handle the abuse. They're all going to get abuse from various places - opposing fans, the media, their OWN fans, etc. I'd wager that this has been the case for as long as the game has existed. They've all got to have a certain degree of mental toughness to handle being on the big stage which inevitably involves getting some abuse.

The issue is that they regularly get public, often non-specific abuse from Mourinho which, ultimately, makes a mockery of the word "united".
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

We should do this swap.......

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/279 ... l-rumoured

The problem is that we have to expect Dybala to lose 20% of his talent straight away with a slow deterioration after that, that's the new United way. No one comes to us and improves.
bman2
Legend

2 months ago

I can’t get excited about rumoured players anymore, they always look half the player at best they where at their previous club when they join us. Di Maria, Falcao, Mhiki, Sánchez, even Pogba. What’s the point.
Steggo
Legend

2 months ago

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 39626.html

Problem solved! Thank goodness he signed a new contract thus saving the club billions. City had better start looking behind themselves! Who needs Roy Keane?
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Steggo wrote:
2 months ago

Problem solved! Thank goodness he signed a new contract thus saving the club billions. City had better start looking behind themselves! Who needs Roy Keane?
Brings a tear to the eye reading that. What a sad state of affairs.

Jose's singing Fella's praises but he didn't even play that well. He was shite at times in the first half. He gave it away, got caught, looked dumb on the ball. He was better second half. But he's not United quality.
Lazarus
Legend

2 months ago

Sid wrote:
2 months ago
Steggo wrote:
2 months ago

Brings a tear to the eye reading that. What a sad state of affairs.

Jose's singing Fella's praises but he didn't even play that well. He was shite at times in the first half. He gave it away, got caught, looked dumb on the ball. He was better second half. But he's not United quality.
.....and yet he still had more influence than Pogba, who he freed up to play apparently.
Sid
Legend

2 months ago

Mourinho's employing his classic deflecting tactics

Asked why he feels he and United receive such media attention, he replied: “Maybe United’s story and my story. United won a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot. And I also won a lot, a lot, a lot. Maybe people tire a little of it.

“But at least we will continue to do our work and little by little we go, because we started really badly with two defeats. But we already have the same points as Arsenal, we already have the same points as Tottenham and we are getting there little by little.”

Speaking to RedeTV in a separate inteview, the Portuguese added: “Tottenham have now lost two straight. If there is equality of treatment, if there is equality in the way of looking and reporting, they will leave us calm and will start bothering others.”

Does he know he's in charge of the biggest club in the world? A club that's too big for him tbf. Spurs don't get as much flak because they're spurs. They aren't expected to win major trophies every year like United are. And Poch hasn't had 500m to build a team capable of doing that.