Jose Mourinho

Manchester United chat
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote:
10 months ago
Mourinho's employing his classic deflecting tactics

Asked why he feels he and United receive such media attention, he replied: “Maybe United’s story and my story. United won a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot. And I also won a lot, a lot, a lot. Maybe people tire a little of it.

“But at least we will continue to do our work and little by little we go, because we started really badly with two defeats. But we already have the same points as Arsenal, we already have the same points as Tottenham and we are getting there little by little.”

Speaking to RedeTV in a separate inteview, the Portuguese added: “Tottenham have now lost two straight. If there is equality of treatment, if there is equality in the way of looking and reporting, they will leave us calm and will start bothering others.”

Does he know he's in charge of the biggest club in the world? A club that's too big for him tbf. Spurs don't get as much flak because they're spurs. They aren't expected to win major trophies every year like United are. And Poch hasn't had 500m to build a team capable of doing that.
Bang on! Fucking Arse and Spurs???????
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

Steggo wrote:
10 months ago
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 39626.html

Problem solved! Thank goodness he signed a new contract thus saving the club billions. City had better start looking behind themselves! Who needs Roy Keane?
He's our best midfielder after Matic. He's also our best attacking threat after Lukaku.
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

"I always worry when a manager talks about players' attitude, but he's the one who sets the tone for attitude, the manager of any football club. If the players are being criticised for their attitude, then the buck stops with the manager.

"If he can't get their attitude right for games, then he has to take the responsibility for that. He creates that atmosphere, so really he should be criticising himself more.

"He seems to want to take an awful lot of credit when things go well, and doesn't take enough blame when they don't go well, which isn't a healthy sign. We've always seen it from him, but we're seeing it more and more."

https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-show ... jason-burt
Davey-boy
Legend

10 months ago

It's going to be the same from now on....we win it's all him, we lose or draw and his players didn't show enough attitude or whatever. He's a horrid cunt tbd. I'm so bored of him.
Steggo
Legend

10 months ago

dozer wrote:
10 months ago
Steggo wrote:
10 months ago
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 39626.html

Problem solved! Thank goodness he signed a new contract thus saving the club billions. City had better start looking behind themselves! Who needs Roy Keane?
He's our best midfielder after Matic. He's also our best attacking threat after Lukaku.
Yes,he's been at the club for 5 and a bit seasons and managed to rack up 12 whole goals in the PL. That is some threat. Says a lot,really.
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

Missed the game but I heard we were quite defensive. Pogba has had a go at Jose publically saying we defended too much. Even though he's been shite I'm glad he's had a go.
Sid
Legend

10 months ago

Aye, here's what he said

”I think we didn’t really start the game well but we were winning 1-0 so it was positive for us,” he said. “Then after the second half we tried to defend a bit more against the counter-attack. We stopped playing forward like in the first half.

"We were playing higher and I think that’s how we conceded the goal. I know I lost the ball [for the goal]. Then a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn’t really put them in trouble.

“We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves,” he added. “When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Man United attacking and attacking. That was our mistake today.”
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

Sid wrote:
10 months ago
Aye, here's what he said

”I think we didn’t really start the game well but we were winning 1-0 so it was positive for us,” he said. “Then after the second half we tried to defend a bit more against the counter-attack. We stopped playing forward like in the first half.

"We were playing higher and I think that’s how we conceded the goal. I know I lost the ball [for the goal]. Then a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn’t really put them in trouble.

“We are at home and we should play much better against Wolves,” he added. “When we are at home we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We are here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Man United attacking and attacking. That was our mistake today.”
He said more.

Asked what is stopping United attacking more, Pogba said: “I can’t tell you because I’m a player. It’s not me.”

Pogba laughed when it was put to him were United lacking pace and mobility.
“I’m not the manager, I cannot say that,” he said.
“Obviously we should show more options but I cannot say that because I’m a player.
“That’s my way of thinking — we should move better, yeah.”
dozer
Legend

10 months ago

I hope United sack jose mid point. I keep saying this, we need to get a replacement in mid season so that he can decide who to get rid of by the next summer window.
Lazarus
Legend

10 months ago

If we drop anymore points he has to go, (he should be gone already...). I'd like to see if Pogba can be any better with a more attacking set up, he has to be doesn't he???

Is there anyone on here who still thinks it's the players fault?