Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 years ago

After watching Class of '92 it's unbelievable how much our club has changed....
All those players were motivated by the players like Cantona, Keane etc and had a manager like Fergie...

It's really upsetting that my kid will now grow up not having any heroes/icons or skilfull players to emulate...he's mad about Man Utd but it's marketing rather than whats happening on the pitch.

Obviously ideal scenario that's not going to happe... is Glazers leave and Ole/Cantona assist a successful manager who plays attacking football.

It's shit that kids now will probably never get to see a United team competing at the very top in Europe and PL... Fuck the Glazers for ruining that.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

Cantona? Coaching? Ideal? The man's mad, in the best kind of way, but mad.

You may have something in common.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Spudiator
Star Man

7 years ago

I keep seeing this argument that this all must be Moyes' fault because the team he inherited was a title-winning one, and that is technically true, but it's never as simple as that. United won the title by default last season because City were inconsistent and nobody else was even close, not because we were playing brilliantly and blowing opposition teams away. That title winning side of last season still contained Anderson, Young, Cleverley, Valencia (on a worse season than he's having now), Buttner, Nani and a disinterested Rooney. In a way, winning the title last season was probably the worst thing that could've happened, because it makes people think the team was better than it was. Granted Moyes isn't doing as well with the same resources as Fergie managed in his final season, but with a team containing that much mediocrity, what other manager in the world could have done that?

I think the trouble with Moyes is that he's only just beginning to realise the sheer scale of the task at hand, the money isn't there that he was seemingly promised, the team is getting old and largely full of dreck, and no matter what he does, he's always gonna inevitably be compared (somewhat unfairly) to his predecessor. With the situation as it is, there's just no way Moyes can win this battle, he's little more than a ready-made scapegoat.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Spudiator wrote:I keep seeing this argument that this all must be Moyes' fault because the team he inherited was a title-winning one, and that is technically true, but it's never as simple as that. United won the title by default last season because City were inconsistent and nobody else was even close, not because we were playing brilliantly and blowing opposition teams away. That title winning side of last season still contained Anderson, Young, Cleverley, Valencia (on a worse season than he's having now), Buttner, Nani and a disinterested Rooney. In a way, winning the title last season was probably the worst thing that could've happened, because it makes people think the team was better than it was. Granted Moyes isn't doing as well with the same resources as Fergie managed in his final season, but with a team containing that much mediocrity, what other manager in the world could have done that?

I think the trouble with Moyes is that he's only just beginning to realise the sheer scale of the task at hand, the money isn't there that he was seemingly promised, the team is getting old and largely full of dreck, and no matter what he does, he's always gonna inevitably be compared (somewhat unfairly) to his predecessor. With the situation as it is, there's just no way Moyes can win this battle, he's little more than a ready-made scapegoat.
Personally, I dont feel its ALL Moyes's fault.
Personally, I dont begrudge him taking the job at all - I would've in his position
Personally, I also blame Glazers and Fergie (and the board!) for the decline
Personally, I still - very reluctantly - think Moyes deserves at least 1 transfer window to try and sort things out

I DO agree with many who have said that he has got United playing WORSE than we are....that we are playing BELOW the level that we are truly capable of (which may very well be 3rd or 4th). This I blame Moyes for.
I DO agree with the sentiment that the mentality/culture of United has now changed for the worse, that the old "never say die, always fight til the end" attitude has gone out. Even last season when we were gash against teams, we would most of the times fight until the end, and occasionally get the result. Nowadays we dont score from open play, and then lose concentration and concede a goal 5 minutes from the end. This I blame Moyes for
I DO join in the general discomfort at his increasingly worrisome decisions eg playing Young/Cleverly, subbing Rafa for Valencia etc etc. This I blame Moyes for

I was one of the few supporters of Moyes on this forum, and I think he has proven me very very wrong
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

Spudiator wrote:I keep seeing this argument that this all must be Moyes' fault because the team he inherited was a title-winning one, and that is technically true, but it's never as simple as that. United won the title by default last season because City were inconsistent and nobody else was even close, not because we were playing brilliantly and blowing opposition teams away. That title winning side of last season still contained Anderson, Young, Cleverley, Valencia (on a worse season than he's having now), Buttner, Nani and a disinterested Rooney. In a way, winning the title last season was probably the worst thing that could've happened, because it makes people think the team was better than it was. Granted Moyes isn't doing as well with the same resources as Fergie managed in his final season, but with a team containing that much mediocrity, what other manager in the world could have done that?

you're a fucking absolute top red twat, if anyone had even suggested last season that we won the league cause everyone else was shite or dare criticise taggart and the team you wouldn't have heard it but now it suits your top red dare not ever criticise the current manager narrative suddenly we were default champions and it's not moyles fault

what happened to your endless shite about taggart knows best, now he's no longer the manager it's all his fault, fucking transparent wum cunt
lkhm

hoofing
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

Just saw that SAF is up for FIFA Manager of the Year! Is it just one of those career achievement awards or do people really think he worked wonders last season with such a shyte squad?
Spudiator
Star Man

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:

you're a fucking absolute top red twat, if anyone had even suggested last season that we won the league cause everyone else was shite or dare criticise taggart and the team you wouldn't have heard it but now it suits your top red dare not ever criticise the current manager narrative suddenly we were default champions and it's not moyles fault

what happened to your endless shite about taggart knows best, now he's no longer the manager it's all his fault, fucking transparent wum cunt
And you're just a fucking absolute boring twat. Not once have I ever said "Fergie knows best" or suggest he and his methods were beyond question. Also, I have not at any point said it's not Moyes' fault, he has his share of the blame for our performances this season, but it's pretty fucking stupid to suggest he's entirely to blame.

You know what you are, Knobby? You're just an over-priveliged, whining little twat bag who seems to think that success is a pre-requisite right. You're a fucking broken record too, all you've done all Summer is show your bitterness that Moyes got the job instead of Mourinho, but if you honestly think that Mourinho would've done much better with the same players at his disposal and the same financial restraints then you're deluded as well!
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

Has JM really done that well since returning to Chelski? HE has major issues in the center of the pitch and at the back and he knows it. He has fuck all for strikers and his previous stars are over the hil. Chelski may be up higher than we are atm but I don't think they are in much a better state personally. They have had a bit more good fortune than we have but the main issue is that Roman will likley give JM the cash to fix things and he is likely to bring in quality players. Are the Glazers goign to give us the cash needed to fix things at United and will DM and Woodward spend that cash wisely anyways? Nope
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

lars072 wrote:Just saw that SAF is up for FIFA Manager of the Year! Is it just one of those career achievement awards or do people really think he worked wonders last season with such a shyte squad?
He was lucky, but he still managed a minor miracle to get what he did out of this squad...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Lazarus
Legend

7 years ago

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.championsleague.ca/2013/12/0 ... 60181-8667?

:))
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X