Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

LOL...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Snoopcousins
Legend

7 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
If you ask a horse to be a dog, is it his fault he can't bark, or yours?
That's an alcohol influenced statement. But Eric would be proud.[/quote]

I know what you mean...but surely we should have a manager that can at least motivate and have better tactics than lob it into the box.

We are never going to be a major force again in my lifetime I think...unless the Glazers leave and we spend big. But that won't even be easy because City etc will always strengthen and we won't get the players when not in the CL.

Aaahhhh this sucks
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
sheesh

7 years ago

By the end of January, another huge wedge will be shaved off the value of the club. The Glazers must be shitting themselves, surely.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

I fucking hope so. The dream ticket, would the Glazers being forced to sell with the value of the club at a real low, hitting their profits.
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

"I think it's remarkable how little they've spent over the years, and that's probably because they haven't had to with the manager they've had.

"It's a new era at United - they've a new chief executive and new manager. It's time for them to start to actually punch at the weight at which they can compete."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... in-january
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

That won't go down well with the scousers who've convinced themselves United have spent miles more than Liverpool

He's right though
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:That won't go down well with the scousers who've convinced themselves United have spent miles more than Liverpool

He's right though
of course he's right but even IF we try to sign quality players, we will get rejected. Summer won't be any easier to buy players with the WC so can we really bring any quality players in with David Moyes as manager? Nope

I know Moyes is just a patsy and the real reasons for our decline are evident, but maybe Moyes should be given the heave ho in the summer if we fail at the top 4. Bring in a new manager who has some experience and is well-respected and let him rebuild the club. I just can't see any top players wanting to come to OT with Moyes in charge regardless of the club's history or size.
Robbo
Legend

7 years ago

And lets not forget that player´s who do well in the WC will increase in price as well so even if they want to come they will cost top dollar.
-----------------------------------------------------
sheesh

7 years ago

lars072 wrote:"I think it's remarkable how little they've spent over the years, and that's probably because they haven't had to with the manager they've had."
This is why we're in the mess we're currently in. Top clubs don't just sit back - they continually invest in the best players. We know why we've not been able to invest and having Fergie as manager has been the perfect excuse not to do so.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

why was darren anderton asked to comment
lkhm

hoofing