Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

I think the Premier League is starting to realise just how important United is to the game in England... we bring in the highest viewing ratings, and the PL won't want to see that suffer... we've offered the strongest competition in Europe over the past few years as well, and that's considered the best advertisement for the strength of your league... I think that's largely why Spain lets Real and Barca get away with so much... without those two, the Spanish league would have fuck all prestige.

Obviously the PL doesn't depend on United like the Spanish league does Real/Barca, but there's no doubt that the Premier League benefits from a strong United...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lars072
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I think the Premier League is starting to realise just how important United is to the game in England... we bring in the highest viewing ratings, and the PL won't want to see that suffer... we've offered the strongest competition in Europe over the past few years as well, and that's considered the best advertisement for the strength of your league... I think that's largely why Spain lets Real and Barca get away with so much... without those two, the Spanish league would have fuck all prestige.

Obviously the PL doesn't depend on United like the Spanish league does Real/Barca, but there's no doubt that the Premier League benefits from a strong United...
What the hell can the PL do? Cross their fingers? City, Chelski, Arsenal and Pool are all big clubs. It's not like La LIga where 2 clubs dominate with a few exceptions here and there.
Edfuckingwoodward
Legend

7 years ago

lars072 wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I think the Premier League is starting to realise just how important United is to the game in England... we bring in the highest viewing ratings, and the PL won't want to see that suffer... we've offered the strongest competition in Europe over the past few years as well, and that's considered the best advertisement for the strength of your league... I think that's largely why Spain lets Real and Barca get away with so much... without those two, the Spanish league would have fuck all prestige.

What the hell can the PL do? Cross their fingers? City, Chelski, Arsenal and Pool are all big clubs. It's not like La LIga where 2 clubs dominate with a few exceptions here and there.
What they might be able to do, is lobby the Glazers with regard to their ownership. But that would only really happen against a backdrop of mass supporter dissent.

Supporter demsontrations of a few years ago didn't really work because we were still winning trophies, still in the CL and still had a respected figurehead managing the club.

Demsontrating now, properly, with the club floundering and at serious risk of not having even the illusion of being competitive, and with the right media attention, could have a real effect.
madmax
Star Man

7 years ago

As one of Moyes supporters in this forum I admit he is indeed out of his depth. But hope he doesn't get sacked for atleast a year. This season is down the drain anyway. We have no chance of making the top 4. Rooney would definitely be sold. No proper player would want to come without CL football.Without proper product which is football, our value would plummet. Every match is excruciatingly painful but atleast every loss will drive our valuation down. There is a possibility that a next buyer can invest a bit in the team or atleast I hope thats what is going to happen.
Robbo
Legend

7 years ago

ashleyfuckingyoung wrote:
lars072 wrote:

What they might be able to do, is lobby the Glazers with regard to their ownership. But that would only really happen against a backdrop of mass supporter dissent.

Supporter demsontrations of a few years ago didn't really work because we were still winning trophies, still in the CL and still had a respected figurehead managing the club.

Demsontrating now, properly, with the club floundering and at serious risk of not having even the illusion of being competitive, and with the right media attention, could have a real effect.
Thing is how can they lobby against the ownership of United after giving the green light to the take over by this I mean the Premier League, if the likes of Sky etc. start making negative comments, articles against the Glazer ownership or lack of investment by the owners then yes this could have a positive or negative effect depending on how you see it as the more casual supporters will be made more aware of what is happening.
-----------------------------------------------------
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

lkhm

hoofing
Robbo
Legend

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/index.html

theyre going to town on this tbf

And rightly so Knobby maybe if enough is said the Glazers will take note and invest (don't believe that tbf) lets be honest it needs to get louder and louder.
-----------------------------------------------------
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

lars072 wrote:

The league officials can't actually do anything... but the Glazers have been getting an easy ride from the press in this country... most United fans have been crying for publicity to highlight how the Glazers are robbing United of funds... if the Premier League feels the Glazers are hurting the league, they may start encouraging more press coverage of the Glazers greed.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... money.html

Look at Moyes' face. He's broken. Rubbish article though. Basically comparing Moyes to a myth: "if united want a player, they got him". claiming fans leaving early is something new. Blaming him for injuries and financial troubles too.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

marlon wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... money.html

Look at Moyes' face. He's broken. Rubbish article though. Basically comparing Moyes to a myth: "if united want a player, they got him". claiming fans leaving early is something new. Blaming him for injuries and financial troubles too.
Yeah, that article is gash... and it basically said Moyes doesn't know how to spend money with the giants of the game... bollocks... that's Woodworms job... he's the one with the job of negotiations and contracts... why is this article blaming Moyes???

There needs to be more Manchester United biassed coverage of this crisis... people devoted to United to apportion blame where it belongs... the owners...