Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

and why does he keep not making changes during games

he seems to not like making subs or rotating

meaning weve got a situation where rio looks finished for the year and its only september
lkhm

hoofing
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

When Moyes' shite record against good teams was pointed out, the response was 'ah but he didn't have the calibre of player he has at United' and 'he has a much stronger arsenal'

Yeah, and they're all sat on the bench
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Well if we keep getting hammered, even if only by 'top' sides, fans will revolt. I agree that Glazers do not care about trophies, but they do care about profits. And if we are continually hammered and do not compete for trophies profits will go down

The price for a commercial deal for a champion and a top 4 is absolutely different. Even the preseason ticket pricing for Arsenal vs chelsea in Asia was hugely different. So unless you're perceived as a contender your profits will go down

I still think Moyes deserves this season at least...but I think unless we are a proper title contender this year the negative buzz will be too much and he wont last much longer...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

Anantax wrote:Well if we keep getting hammered, even if only by 'top' sides, fans will revolt. I agree that Glazers do not care about trophies, but they do care about profits. And if we are continually hammered and do not compete for trophies profits will go down

The price for a commercial deal for a champion and a top 4 is absolutely different. Even the preseason ticket pricing for Arsenal vs chelsea in Asia was hugely different. So unless you're perceived as a contender your profits will go down

I still think Moyes deserves this season at least...but I think unless we are a proper title contender this year the negative buzz will be too much and he wont last much longer...
No, I disagree... look, the Glazers are already so far ahead... their initial investment was less than £300mill, and they have been paying themselves very well since... they've been whoring the club all over the planet, and predicted profits for next year, from the commercial side alone will set new records... this is guaranteed money... written deals, and contracts... it doesn't depend on the fans loyalty... world wide telly rights and advertising is now much more important than match day ticket sales... the Glazers don't mind if attendance drops a few thousand, and it's not like crowds are going to drop to 30/40k any time soon... they've got the club value to £3billion, and the share price is high because of the money the club is making, not because of the football we're playing.

United is the most valuable sports club in the world, and if the Glazers put it on the market tomorrow, I doubt they'd have any trouble getting the full price... maybe even more if a bidding war started... so... what have they got to lose?

They've got complete control... they can run the club for profit above all else, and if the team falters on the pitch, it would still be a year or two at least before that made much difference to revenue... and then... if push comes to shove, they can just sell up... for 10 fuckin times their original outlay...

The Glazers are exactly where they want to be with United... and the fans opinion, and wishes are wholly irrelevant.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
captainhormone
Star Man

7 years ago

Tbf..the perfect job for moyes has come up at Sunderland. ..
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

captainhormone wrote:Tbf..the perfect job for moyes has come up at Sunderland. ..
I'm not sure he could have convinced Fellaini to follow him to Sunderland.
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Anantax wrote:Well if we keep getting hammered, even if only by 'top' sides, fans will revolt...
No, they won't. Not in any meaningful and effective way, at least. As Alf said, the Glazers are right where they want to be. Should things continue to go south on the pitch, they have several options for securing their personal profits: sell the naming rights to Old Trafford, or sell it and Carrington before bailing out, for example. The 'fans', on the other hand, have only two options: boycott or lump it. For most, the lesser of the two evils will be to lump it. The Glazers win either way.

In fact, they've already won. Only the margin of their victory is yet to be determined.
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

If fans stop going to Old Trafford because the football is shite - one upt top against the riff raff - then Moyes will be out on his arse

It's a dear do as it is, people won't pay to see shite
sheesh

7 years ago

Sid wrote:If fans stop going to Old Trafford because the football is shite - one upt top against the riff raff - then Moyes will be out on his arse

It's a dear do as it is, people won't pay to see shite
I'm no financial whizz but I wonder what percentage of our total annual revenue comes from matchday as opposed to tv or other commercial revenue.

For as long as there are glory hunting ladyboys in Bangkok, the Glazers will keep coining it in, I reckon.
Bill2
First Teamer

7 years ago

The major problem is that..and let's be honest, he's either the 5th or 6th best manager in the top 6.

Mourinho, Pelligrini, Wegner, Villas-Boas are all superior to him and to be honest Rodgers has more about him in terms of drive and clear philosophies.

All this makes me feel very worried. The difference between Pelligrini and Moyes is startling. Moyes basically sticks autisitically to 4-4-1-1 and likes workhorses on the wings. To win leagues that just doesn't cut it 99 percent of the time. We have have to get more quality on the pitch.

Redcafe forum asked for United's best XI and the clear winner involved a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 being Nani, Rooney and Kagawa. Will Moyes be able to adapt his tactics to allow for this? Having a player of Kagawa's ability being benched in the favour of Ashley Young just shows how prehistoric British football is. He's good off the ball!!!! Come on!!!!