Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

sheesh wrote:
Sid wrote:If fans stop going to Old Trafford because the football is shite - one upt top against the riff raff - then Moyes will be out on his arse

It's a dear do as it is, people won't pay to see shite
I'm no financial whizz but I wonder what percentage of our total annual revenue comes from matchday as opposed to tv or other commercial revenue.

For as long as there are glory hunting ladyboys in Bangkok, the Glazers will keep coining it in, I reckon.
I think United make more money from commercial shite then they do matchday revenue. But the matchday revenue is still absolutely vital.

If we started getting anything lower than 60,000 I reckon they'd axe him.

He needs to play the exciting players, the skillful players, that make the club feel exciting. Those are the players that persuade people to shell out. But this is still Fergie's team. In 3/4 years we'll have Moyes team and if it's full of English warhorse reliable cunts then the club is doomed.
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

Moyes is the kind of manager who will give opportunities bto youngsters. Januzaj will hopefully play more on the left wing which seems to be our weakest spot.
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:If we started getting anything lower than 60,000 I reckon they'd axe him.

He needs to play the exciting players, the skillful players, that make the club feel exciting. Those are the players that persuade people to shell out. But this is still Fergie's team. In 3/4 years we'll have Moyes team and if it's full of English warhorse reliable cunts then the club is doomed.
I'm not suggesting that there is no way that Moyes will be let go, but, if it does happen this season, he'll be replaced by a Mark Hughes rather than a Pep Guardiola. Before it comes to that, however, I'd expect things to drag on for a season or two at least, with the club referencing the number of years it took Ferguson to turn things around, etc..

Maybe they should jump for Laudrup before he leaves Swansea City for a job on the continent next season.
Bill2
First Teamer

7 years ago

Laudrup would be a good shout. He has some solid philosophies, plays good football and it won't be too big for him.

It will also be interesting to see how Martinez does with better resources. His work on deadline day was inspired.

Again you can see why we have problems with coaching in this country. Hodgson and Moyes are supposed to be the best two British managers and their styles of play are very similar, functional and very basic.

The swap Soton made in terms of manager last season highlights this again. I thought it was hard on Adkins but the Argie clearly is another level.

The same applies to our players. We simply don't have the level of technical quality that the Europeans and South Americans do.

For years Gareth Barry was picked in the England team ahead of Michael Carrick. We shove Paul Scholes on the wing to accommodate Frank Lampard. Dear me.
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Bill2 wrote:Laudrup would be a good shout. He has some solid philosophies, plays good football and it won't be too big for him.
Ironically, he almost left Swansea City before the start of the season because he felt he was not being backed financially in the way the board had promised him it would. Surely, nothing like that could happen at United, could it?
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

dozer wrote:Moyes is the kind of manager who will give opportunities bto youngsters.
Based on what?

He's been in charge for 5 PL games, and seems to favour Young... YOUNG FFS... even ahead of Kagawa... even if Young falls out of favour, Januzajs' surely a long way down Moyes pecking order.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

theres no evidence of moyes ever giving young players a chance

aging warhorses and utility journeyman pros are his bread and butter
lkhm

hoofing
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

tbf I really cant see anything that could've made taggart rate him so highly apart from the fact hes a jock, the real taggart of 20 years ago was basically the exact opposite of this fraud moyles as a manager

though tbf the recent taggart is similar
lkhm

hoofing
captainhormone
Star Man

7 years ago

Agreed...people look at utd with rose tinted specs but tbe reality is weve been for the most part on the decline since 2007 2008..trophies aside the glazers are ruining us and fergie let it happen

All this youth bollocks too..ffs..its a money making machine as we sell loads on more than we blood
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

The only reason Moyes chose to play the usual squad was because of our tough line of fixtures - I'm guessing and hoping.
Young and Valencia were part of our first 11 last season when fit. I can see Moyes not messing about with the fixtures we've had.
Agreed, it hasn't worked but I can see why a new manager would do that. And again, we're just three points off the potential title challengers, I'm not inlcuding Arsenal and Spurs - I still don't think they can challenge.