Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:tbf I really cant see anything that could've made taggart rate him so highly apart from the fact hes a jock, the real taggart of 20 years ago was basically the exact opposite of this fraud moyles as a manager

though tbf the recent taggart is similar
Look... only Ferguson knows what the Glazers have done or said to make him "one of them"... but he is... a fully paid up, die hard supporter of all things Glazer... and Moyes is perfect to take over where Ferguson left off... never mind the Ferguson of 20 years ago... Moyes' mandate is to continue to get the most out of ordinary resources, maintain "the Glazers are terrific owners" mantra, and support whatever spin and lies the club publishes to keep the fans civil.

Even if United fall out of the top 4, the Glazers will back Moyes, claiming it was always going to be a hard job to replace Darth Ferguson... the Glazers may not know fuck all about football, but they know that changing managers won't necessarily fix anything without investment in talent... as long as Moyes still has the dressing room, and doesn't do a Di Canio, he'll keep his job.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

sheesh wrote:
Sid wrote:If fans stop going to Old Trafford because the football is shite - one upt top against the riff raff - then Moyes will be out on his arse

It's a dear do as it is, people won't pay to see shite
I'm no financial whizz but I wonder what percentage of our total annual revenue comes from matchday as opposed to tv or other commercial revenue.

For as long as there are glory hunting ladyboys in Bangkok, the Glazers will keep coining it in, I reckon.
109m from matchday, 363m total revenues. So about 30 % from matchday. Commercial is 152m so 41 %

Keep in mind that this is last 12 months ended Jun, so new broadcasting deal hasnt kicked in yet I think...
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

As for Moyes...if we are out of top 4 he will definitely be sacked
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

Anantax wrote:As for Moyes...if we are out of top 4 he will definitely be sacked
No he won't. He'll be fine, and so will the club, because like it or not, we've got a good manager even if we do finish outside the top four (very unlikely).
I can't think of too many managers who're better and were available. Mourinho was but his style of running a club doesn't suit Man Utd.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

dozer wrote:
Anantax wrote:As for Moyes...if we are out of top 4 he will definitely be sacked
No he won't. He'll be fine, and so will the club, because like it or not, we've got a good manager even if we do finish outside the top four (very unlikely).
I can't think of too many managers who're better and were available. Mourinho was but his style of running a club doesn't suit Man Utd.
Hmmm...well I do agree we wont be out of the top 4 (although if we keep getting hammered like Sunday and/or he keep picking bloody Young I reserve the right to change my mind real quick).....

However IF we get out of the top 4...I believe he will be sacked
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

Moyes said to the Guardian that United won the league because the other teams were poor

That smacks of Clough at Leeds when he said they were all shit and cheating cunts

I understand he's trying to lay down a challenge to the players but that's the wrong thing to say.

He also said we needed to buy a couple players to fit into the 11, not the squad, so he doesn't rate some of em who are playing regular
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

Sid wrote:Moyes said to the Guardian that United won the league because the other teams were poor
Most people agreed with that Sid... City should have won, but Mancini made a complete mess of things... United didn't do anything special last year, and our Champs league form showed our true level.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
sheesh

7 years ago

Moyes is right in what he is saying but he should keep quiet rather than undermine the team in public.
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

Course Moyes is right. He's the only guy taking over from a successful manager - you'd expect the others to improve and us to regress. Being honest is really stupid though. Started with the Fabregas bid and he just isn't learning.
Sid
Legend

7 years ago

He might be right but you don't take the achievement away from the players or Fergie

The United manager should be nothing but loyal to the players and the club in the press