Giving David Moyes time

Manchester United chat
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Bill2 wrote:Laudrup would be a good shout. He has some solid philosophies, plays good football and it won't be too big for him.
You mean the one that was just knocked out of the competition of the cup it holds by a championship side?

Look I am not saying Moyes is the end all and be all. I also am not sure, and getting less certain the more I see Young playing!

But not sure who is out there and available that is OBVIOUSLY better....Pep would be but he's not available
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Haha never realized this stat. Fairly meaningless of course but just goes to show what you can do with stats

From BBC: Moyes has now won five of his first eight games in all competitions - the best start of any new United manager since Matt Busby in 1946.
dozer
Legend

7 years ago

Wow, that's some stat and tbf that's the stat that matters - winning games and from a tougher set of fixtures too. I didn't realise United had bad starts in every single season with a new manger. Tbh I still don't believe it.
It shows how deluded fans can be when they don't get their flashy toy. We've started bashing a new manager so soon into the season. Giving David Moyes time indeed - how many? 3 games? That's too much
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

7 years ago

average wont stop being average by giving it more time

young wont go from mediocre to ronaldo by showing him patience, and moyes wont go from everton to taggart, they are what they are, midtable riff raff
lkhm

hoofing
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

7 years ago

I'm all for giving Moyes a chance... but he's got to start showing some common sense... dropping Young is a minimal beginning.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:I'm all for giving Moyes a chance... but he's got to start showing some common sense... dropping Young is a minimal beginning.
Agree 10000000% dropping young is bare minimum at this point.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

Another stat - courtesy of Schmeichel

"People in football have short memories. The start of last season is the same as this season you know.

"We played relatively few number of games and had two defeats one at Everton then Spurs at home and we still managed to win by 13 points.

"I listened to the radio on the way here and they're saying it's not even a top four squad, and I'm thinking 'guys where do you get this from?"
RobDiablo
Legend

7 years ago

Anantax wrote:Another stat - courtesy of Schmeichel

"People in football have short memories. The start of last season is the same as this season you know.

"We played relatively few number of games and had two defeats one at Everton then Spurs at home and we still managed to win by 13 points.

"I listened to the radio on the way here and they're saying it's not even a top four squad, and I'm thinking 'guys where do you get this from?"
Schmeichel needs to check his facts. As I mentioned more than once last season, United won four out of every five league matches played through the first 25 matches. That means that United was 4 0 1 after five league matches last season, and 8 0 2 after ten—a mark that is already out of reach after a 2 1 2 start by Moyes' side.
Anantax
Legend

7 years ago

RobDiablo wrote:
Anantax wrote:Another stat - courtesy of Schmeichel

Schmeichel needs to check his facts. As I mentioned more than once last season, United won four out of every five league matches played through the first 25 matches. That means that United was 4 0 1 after five league matches last season, and 8 0 2 after ten—a mark that is already out of reach after a 2 1 2 start by Moyes' side.
Schmeichel is not wrong...strangely enough he does not see the world in 5-game blocs such as you :))

We lost 2 in our first 6 games, and as I recall, hardly looked convincing in most of the other wins (RVP bailed us out a few times)

Anywas, his point was not to over exxagerate after a few games, and I think its a well made point
marlon
Legend

7 years ago

A fairer way might be to compare the equivalent fixtures, in which case we're three points down on last season.