[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Lions Club - United Rant

Lions Club

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
swampash
Legend

Lions Club

Postby swampash » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 am

Was at a charity concert last night that was organised by the Lions Club.
In the interests of brevity there were several dubious moments, one of which was seriously spine-chilling: in a Nuremberg Rally sort of way.
I always thought they were just a charitable organisation, but now have my doubts.
Anyone here know anything about them?
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

pint vulger
Legend

Re: Lions Club

Postby pint vulger » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:30 am

Further details required .

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:48 pm

Give them a massive swerve. You have been warned.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:24 pm

I googled them, read their "aims" and it all sounds a bit vague which makes me suspicious

What was the dubious moment, Swamps?

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 pm

A lot of those "old boys" clubs are either fronts, off shoots, or just second rate versions of the Masons... they portray themselves as harmless little "fraternities of fellowship"... don't you believe it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:30 am

It did cross my mind that they might be a recruiting salon for the masons. Their founder was a mason, and what better than to dress up your recruiting mission in a charitable wrapper?
The concert was interspersed with sketches that appeared to have quite chauvinistic undertones. This reached a crescendo just before the interval with a lengthy musical piece that wove together various strands including recordings that seemed to reference a divided East and West Germany plus the EU anthem and segued into the chorus chanting 'wir sind das Volk'. This has sound origins, being the chant that was used in the anti-DDR demonstrations, but has more recently been appropriated by Pegida (the acronym for 'Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamisation of the West'). The overall effect was unsettling, to say the least, but turned thoroughly chilling when the piece segued again into the German national anthem, at which point 99.9% of the audience leapt in unison to their feet, as if pulled up by the invisible strings of a puppeteer.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 am

Fucking hell I see your nuremberg comparisons. Sounds like a crafty way of building populist right wing / nationalism.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:27 am

...the Germans can be pretty chauvinistic at the best of times, but this was on a whole new level.
And. Not a black face to be seen - not in the band, the chorus, or the audience...

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:18 pm

second page doesn't seem to want to display here...

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Aye german nationalism is toxic as fuck. Look what happened last time it was whipped up and manipulated by a fella from austria.

So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this Lions Club shite was some Mason thing that leaned to the right or even to fascism, because fascism is good for capitalists, and that's essentially what the masons are. Fascism is great for business, like when nazis came to power investment boomed because fascism at its heart anti working class, it breaks unions, it whips workers to produce more with less rights etc.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”