The original Den of Iniquity
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

3 months ago

swampash wrote:
3 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
4 months ago
Heading out on an Elk hunt (or well armed camping trip) this morning we will be in the field for a little over a week. We will be just south of the Grand Canyon National Park at about 7,500 ft, a very diverse area ranging from scrub oak and chaparral to big Ponderosa Pines.

A little extreme just to miss the Liverpool game I realise, biut ...
Enjoy!
Could have got you to grab me some elk hair - really useful for fly tying. But bought a stash a few weeks ago.
Four and half days criss crossing woods and meadows and did not see a single elk, deer and javelina but no elk.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
3 months ago
swampash wrote:
3 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
4 months ago
Heading out on an Elk hunt (or well armed camping trip) this morning we will be in the field for a little over a week. We will be just south of the Grand Canyon National Park at about 7,500 ft, a very diverse area ranging from scrub oak and chaparral to big Ponderosa Pines.

Enjoy!
Could have got you to grab me some elk hair - really useful for fly tying. But bought a stash a few weeks ago.
Four and half days criss crossing woods and meadows and did not see a single elk, deer and javelina but no elk.
Could that be because of the climate crisis / ecological damage, or did you forget your glasses?
RedDevilinAZ
First Teamer

3 months ago

Sid wrote:
3 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
3 months ago
swampash wrote:
3 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
4 months ago

Enjoy!
Could that be because of the climate crisis / ecological damage, or did you forget your glasses?
It could have also been because old farts walking around the woods make a lot more noise than I used too.
Sid
Legend

3 months ago

RedDevilinAZ wrote:
3 months ago
swampash wrote:
3 months ago
RedDevilinAZ wrote:
4 months ago

Enjoy!
:)) Fair play