Postby Sid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:40 am

Sat in fucking hospital becsuse the house has burned down

Everybody got okay except 3 cats

Fucks sake

Steggo
Legend

Re: Ncjf

Postby Steggo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:37 am

God,what an horrendous experience. Hope you and your family are well and unharmed.

Robbo
Star Man

Postby Robbo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Take care Sid thats some bad shit.
-----------------------------------------------------

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:41 pm

It was a bit fucked up. We woke up and the house was on on fire. There was a wall of smoke on the stairs, couldn't see, couldn't breathe, just had to run through it and get out of the house. I went the wrong way because I'm new to the house, and almost walked right into the centre of it.

The fire brigade were class though, they turned up quick and stopped it being a lot worse.

And as well right Handsworth gets a bad name but blacks, asians, took us in, gave us biscuits, tea, clothes, shoes. Mutual aid innit

But aye was a bit life changing tbf. Could have been so much worse. You'll find me less of a cunt on here

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Fucking hell, sorry to hear that Sid. Good luck mate; I hope you get settled quickly. Shame about the cats.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:41 pm

Sid wrote:It was a bit fucked up. We woke up and the house was on on fire. There was a wall of smoke on the stairs, couldn't see, couldn't breathe, just had to run through it and get out of the house. I went the wrong way because I'm new to the house, and almost walked right into the centre of it.

The fire brigade were class though, they turned up quick and stopped it being a lot worse.

And as well right Handsworth gets a bad name but blacks, asians, took us in, gave us biscuits, tea, clothes, shoes. Mutual aid innit

But aye was a bit life changing tbf. Could have been so much worse. You'll find me less of a cunt on here

Fuckin hell!

Are we talking your house Sid, or a flat? Lose all your stuff? You covered? Any word how it started?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:54 pm

My gfs parents house. We've lost loads tbf. The council are going to gut the house and refurb it all and we're going to stay in temporary accommodation til then. The front room is the worst. The fire was so hot it melted the glass in the windows. When we saw the smoke on the stairs we thought that was it. We thought we were walking into the room the fire was in and we were done for.

I've learned one thing and it's that dithering and faff arsing kills. You have to be decisive and don't fuck about or else you're dead. Because I reckon when a fire is rocking like that you have 30 seconds to a min before you're dead. It's brutal, there's literally no air.

The firemen said not many people survive fires when all the peole are asleep, and when they start downstairs, and when you have no fucking firealarms or fire extinguishers, and loads of shite in your house that's perfect for burning

Lucky as fuck

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Sid wrote:My gfs parents house. We've lost loads tbf. The council are going to gut the house and refurb it all and we're going to stay in temporary accommodation til then. The front room is the worst. The fire was so hot it melted the glass in the windows. When we saw the smoke on the stairs we thought that was it. We thought we were walking into the room the fire was in and we were done for.

I've learned one thing and it's that dithering and faff arsing kills. You have to be decisive and don't fuck about or else you're dead. Because I reckon when a fire is rocking like that you have 30 seconds to a min before you're dead. It's brutal, there's literally no air.

The firemen said not many people survive fires when all the peole are asleep, and when they start downstairs, and when you have no fucking firealarms or fire extinguishers, and loads of shite in your house that's perfect for burning

Lucky as fuck

Sorry to hear that mate and good to see how everyone around yous helped you out...
Puts things into perspective I'm sure.
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:32 pm

Sid wrote:My gfs parents house. We've lost loads tbf. The council are going to gut the house and refurb it all and we're going to stay in temporary accommodation til then. The front room is the worst. The fire was so hot it melted the glass in the windows. When we saw the smoke on the stairs we thought that was it. We thought we were walking into the room the fire was in and we were done for.

Lucky as fuck

No fire alarms?

Someone should cop an earful for that... not clever, that...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:05 am

Hope your ok lad, happened to me this time last year remember us all talking about it, it fuckin sucks, if I can help in anyway advice wise dealing with the aftermath just pm me chum, it takes about 4 months to get your head fully around it mate.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.