morrissey manchester

The original Den of Iniquity
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Geldof and Bono may be annoying but they aren't racist, as far as i know.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Geldof'a Primark rant the other week, absolute prick, scruffy rich cunt
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:Geldof'a Primark rant the other week, absolute prick, scruffy rich cunt
Sid... I do get what you're saying about Geldof... bur ffs, sometimes you've just got to recognise that people are just people... he isn't some spoilt fuck who was born into ridiculous money... he's just a common twat, like the rest of us, who's achieved a level of success that's given him some status, to level that other common twats actually listen to what he's got to say... there are times, like when he was ranting about the miserable state of Africa, and dumping large on the corporate world that you couldn't help but admire him... there are other times, when he shows himself to be exactly who he is... just another common twat... sometimes I think you expect way too much from people... there's nowt wrong with dumping on the scum that KNOW they're fuckin the world over, and just don't care... but Geldof, at least to me, seems to genuinely give a fuck about what's happening, and would do something about if he could... considering the shit that comes out of the mouths of most world leaders, and corporate heads, I can forgive Geldof the odd social gaff once in a while... he is after all, just a common twat...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

He isn't a common twat for me. He wants to be for more cred. But his wealth is estimated at over 30m. So when he goes on stage in a "cheap nylon suit" or whatever, it's a piss take. And then when he slates plebs for wearing Primark clothes, either because he means it or because he's trying to say 'I'm just like one of you', it's coming from a rich bloke, so it's bullshit.

His charity work is to alleviate rich peoples guilt. It's also funded by a hatred of working class people who "consume" and all that bollocks. What else are you meant to do under capitalism. He blames us, not capitalism and its inbuilt exploitation and colonialism which rich cunts like him benefit from. If he was serious about alleviating poverty in Africa and other continents capitalism would be his main target. It would dominate his discourse. He'd be funding anti capitalism groups, raising their profile etc. But he's not an anti capitalist, because that would mean giving up his wealth and the privileges it brings him and his family, in order to help other families. So instead he rails against the apathy and consumerism of a poor family from Bradford who he bullies and guilts a fiver off.

He's got no class analysis, that's the problem, along with a massive dose of white savourism and bolshie gobshiteism because he thinks he's fucking important, on a mission from god.

Jaz Coleman speaks well about him. He got close to him at the time to suss his character, and he reckons he's a sociopath.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:He isn't a common twat for me. He wants to be for more cred. But his wealth is estimated at over 30m. So when he goes on stage in a "cheap nylon suit" or whatever, it's a piss take. And then when he slates plebs for wearing Primark clothes, either because he means it or because he's trying to say 'I'm just like one of you', it's coming from a rich bloke, so it's bullshit.

His charity work is to alleviate rich peoples guilt. It's also funded by a hatred of working class people who "consume" and all that bollocks. What else are you meant to do under capitalism. He blames us, not capitalism and its inbuilt exploitation and colonialism which rich cunts like him benefit from. If he was serious about alleviating poverty in Africa and other continents capitalism would be his main target. It would dominate his discourse. He'd be funding anti capitalism groups, raising their profile etc. But he's not an anti capitalist, because that would mean giving up his wealth and the privileges it brings him and his family, in order to help other families. So instead he rails against the apathy and consumerism of a poor family from Bradford who he bullies and guilts a fiver off.

He's got no class analysis, that's the problem, along with a massive dose of white savourism and bolshie gobshiteism because he thinks he's fucking important, on a mission from god.

Jaz Coleman speaks well about him. He got close to him at the time to suss his character, and he reckons he's a sociopath.
You've obviously given him more thought than me... for me, he's just a washed up old punk with money, who's trying to make a difference, and failing, cause he's really not that important, but wishes he was...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."