Legend

3 years ago

???

You're a fucking weirdo
swampash
Legend

3 years ago

...well suited to here, then.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:Its said with shaking clasped hands and an Italian accent ? Shit hope I dont upset the Italians .

No offence :ymhug:
you know what? in many years of living here in Italy, I've never once heard anyone say "pleasy pleasy" whether they've had their hands clasped or not.

given the sort of shit you've been coming out with of late, it doesn't sound like you're particularly interested but I'd really recommend that you try and learn about other cultures and ways of life before you attempt to lampoon them whilst only making yourself look more of a dick. you never know, you might have a bit of an epiphany and realise that you're the bigger joke than the ones you are trying to make.

don't get me wrong. I'm not offended by your comment there but you'll no doubt be surprised to learn that saying or typing "no offence" doesn't actually prevent you from causing it.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

FuB wrote:
pint vulger wrote:Its said with shaking clasped hands and an Italian accent ? Shit hope I dont upset the Italians .

you know what? in many years of living here in Italy, I've never once heard anyone say "pleasy pleasy" whether they've had their hands clasped or not.

given the sort of shit you've been coming out with of late, it doesn't sound like you're particularly interested but I'd really recommend that you try and learn about other cultures and ways of life before you attempt to lampoon them whilst only making yourself look more of a dick. you never know, you might have a bit of an epiphany and realise that you're the bigger joke than the ones you are trying to make.

don't get me wrong. I'm not offended by your comment there but you'll no doubt be surprised to learn that saying or typing "no offence" doesn't actually prevent you from causing it.
Right ( thats manchester for ok ) cheers mate , I stand corrected , having worked and travelled through most of Italy on many ,many times ( a country I love ) I stupidly thought that every Italian was the stereotype I described earlier.
Oh and i,m really glad your not offended by my comments .
Sorry youre,just to avoid further confusion.
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

pint vulger wrote:
FuB wrote:

Right ( thats manchester for ok ) cheers mate , I stand corrected , having worked and travelled through most of Italy on many ,many times ( a country I love ) I stupidly thought that every Italian was the stereotype I described earlier.
Oh and i,m really glad your not offended by my comments .
Sorry youre,just to avoid further confusion.

so when you worked and travelled through most of Italy, did you make sure you did the "pleasy pleasy" 'joke' at every possible opportunity?

yes? so, did you then revel in the non-plussed, uncomfortable silence that then ensued?

no? yes, thought so. That's why you needed to type "no offence" at the end of a statement you, clearly, knew might be offensive. That's why people use that little stock phrase... they might as well just say "don't worry, i'm just a cunt so don't mind me".
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

I bet they loved all those Italian stereotype jokes he kept making, the WW2 ones that are 70 odd years old now, alright giuseppi why are all your cars fitted with reverse lights hahahahahaha yeah sorry I know nothing of early to mid century fascist italy and the anti fascists who tried to topple Musolini, my jokes are based solely on ill fitting nationalism to the point where they take the form of propaganda

Should have gone to the none tourist bits in the south and told a few, the Cosa Nostra would have been in hysterics
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:I bet they loved all those Italian stereotype jokes he kept making, the WW2 ones that are 70 odd years old now, alright giuseppi why are all your cars fitted with reverse lights hahahahahaha yeah sorry I know nothing of early to mid century fascist italy and the anti fascists who tried to topple Musolini, my jokes are based solely on ill fitting nationalism to the point where they take the form of propaganda

Should have gone to the none tourist bits in the south and told a few, the Cosa Nostra would have been in hysterics
It doesn't matter, Sid. As long as you love the country you can say whatever the fuck you like and the Cosa Nostra, the Camorra and the N'drangeta will just give you some smack or coke as a thank you. If you say 'shaddupayaface' they'll even throw in a vespa.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

You had any experiences with the mafias in Italy, Fub?

They're entrenched in society aren't they, like I read they take care of some of the waste disposal in Naples.
pint vulger
Legend

3 years ago

Fuck me , this is getting like Alan Partridge ( which was funny as fuck)
FuB
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:You had any experiences with the mafias in Italy, Fub?

They're entrenched in society aren't they, like I read they take care of some of the waste disposal in Naples.
I'll have to give a yes and no answer to that one. Yes, because their hands are somewhere in pretty much any pie so there's little chance I haven't had an experience. No, because I've not been knowingly aware if (when) I have done. It's not like they hang around everywhere in shades... or maybe they do but you wouldn't notice because that's a fairly typical Italian thing to do anyway.

I live in the north so, whilst they are certainly about, it's less obvious. If you spend time in the south it's much clearer that they are involved somewhere in pretty much everything. way more than half of all businesses admit to paying "il pizzo", i.e protection money.

Regardless, it's quite difficult to tell what might be mafia-related lawlessness and what is just typical Italian lawlessness. Keeping everything within the family, secrecy, protecting your own, bending the rules wherever possible, etc, are fairly ubiquitous.