Plato, Aristotle, Socrates and us.

The original Den of Iniquity
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah see where I said I've never seen it personally and nearly every one of my friends has moved to London and not one has come back.

Just trying to figure why,

Why is NI a gift in comparison and why has, sadly in a selfish way, like I have 20 closet friends move to England and all doing well and loving it and mate who has lived in England Wales etc says if wasn't for a baby he'd maybe move to Bath or somewhere but definitely leave NI.

I'm just asking to understand and you get defensive as usual.

Fuck me, you ask for reasoning and a genuine understanding and you get no specifics.

Yeah we have those estates too Sid, we call them dodgy. They're the places I go to to ask no question buy a litre and half of Gordon's for a tenner from and have to use the torch in my phone because there's no electric and get offered 8 mobile phones diazepam laptops while I tune out something about a Lexus and fingerprints in the other room.

So thanks for your insight on "trends" that was really helpful. So basically the North and Parts of the midlands are shit holes, same as here only everyone without kids wants to move to England. Got it.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Keep your knickers, on Zebs

Right, the north is generally poorer than the south. Jobs pay less, there's more poverty, less work etc. The midlands is the same, birmingham was built on old indusry that has gone so it's had to "diversify" which has left a lot of people behind. Dudley, Coventry - all the old working class industries gone.

When people say the south is minted they mean the home counties and London where its heavily middle and upper class. Some of the worlds richest live in London but there's also a ton of dire poverty. You have neglected council flats next to millionaire apartments. In a pathetic attempt to address the massive blatant potentially dangerus class divide in london between very rich and poor, some millionaire apartments have to include "social housing" (also because rich people are moving in to working class areas and pricing out the locals, like what's happening in america, new york, chicago, bronx etc) so you have apartments where the rich go in one door and the poor go through a 'poor door' round the back - basically the fire exit. And their homes are basic, plain, and the rich live fucking lavishly with servants etc.

Also in Britain you have rural poverty. Where old industry was killed off, like down the north east coast where I frequent, the middle and upper classes have moved in. They rent expensive holiday cottages or worse, buy summer homes. They spend 3 months out of the year there, when the weather's nice, then fuck off back to london for the rest of the year, killing the local economy. These places are ghost towns throughout the winter. But they love the working class aesthetic of fishermens old cottages which are "quaint" and "cute" - when really they represented tough living - no electric, no heat, 10/15 to a house, 5 to a bed.

Does that help?
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Yes if you'd said that before I would have said thank you Sid and I would have definitely kept my knickers on. (Who fuckin told you about!?!!?)

Thank you Sid :-)

And Kudos for not cracking the bap. There's another bap one you can use in return for gratitude.

So basically it's dog eat dog and if you're a genuine hard working good dog but you ain't got so much streets smarts and won't screw the system that's screwing you, you're bigger dog food.

Darwin was right then except fittest and most virile and strong became most scheming cunts?

You can use that too, I think you'll like that.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah well hard work doesn't pay. It's a capitalist myth. If hard work paid miners would be billionaires. I'd be because my grandad was a fishermen. Over 6000 people lost their lives at sea where I'm from - more than what died in WW2 and we were the most bombed city outside of london. But fishermen were quite poor. So it's bollocks. Sometimes you have the screw the system to live, like the dockers were up to all sorts, nicking the cargo etc. But if their employers paid enough to make ends meet then they wouldn't have to.

Are you on about moving here then for proper then?
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Yeah deffos mate 100000%

It's either London or depending if oz put their working visa age up like they are supposed to be. Londons the ticket and has always been the dream, 11 year relationship halted it and now just waiting on hospital, girl I was seeing there was already started getting funny about it even though I said on day 1 so broke that off, shame, lovely girl but thats how serious I am.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Yeah deffos mate 100000%

It's either London or depending if oz put their working visa age up like they are supposed to be. Londons the ticket and has always been the dream, 11 year relationship halted it and now just waiting on hospital, girl I was seeing there was already started getting funny about it even though I said on day 1 so broke that off, shame, lovely girl but thats how serious I am.
London?

Don't be daft... or are you minted?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Yeah deffos mate 100000%

London?

Don't be daft... or are you minted?
Not in the slightest, I'm considering bankruptcy for real lol ffs!

14 mates from here all live in London now like my best mates. And every single one is begging me to move when I visit because it's awesome, only thing dearer is the rent, I semi lived in Borough with my ex before my ex.

It's my favourite place in the world. I've never done the East, Oz etc. Really would like to see Tokoyo but with no kids I did a fuck load of travelling and London is the only place that makes my smile every day.

I went to New York and was so disappointed in it lol

Londons the ticket! Plus get all my close mates back!
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Move somewhere cheap and so you can have some actual dosh in your pockets. That's what I'm planning on doing. Gonna buy somewhere cheap, graft a bit (only a bit mind) to pay it off, then work part time.

Sadly I missed the boat, when you could buy a house on my estate for 5 thou and they'd give you nextdoors free - and they'd knock through for free, so you could live in a council house mansion. Glory days them. Work part time to pay it off, then work part time for the rest of your life. Granted it's rough as fuck but still, if you're fine with rough arsed scary estates you're the one laughing as you do 3 days a week and have change in your pocket
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

East end, it's the up and coming but still cheaper part of London
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:East end, it's the up and coming but still cheaper part of London
I don't give a fuck for all that night life shit any more... completely dedicated to my family now... but if I was 20s and full of piss, I'd still look to live outside London, where it's cheap, and then if I want the party, it's an easy commute... missus family lives in Ilford, that's East End, and I wouldn't live there for free... London is great when you want to visit... but once I'm done, I want to sleep, not lie awake listening to the mayhem...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."