What am I doing wrong ?

The original Den of Iniquity
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

3 years ago

Day off been decorating all day.

My son comes home from work 5:10pm, I make him a cup of tea, take it into his room for him, not a word.

6:45pm I cook our tea, ( Steak & chips) Take it into his room for him, not a word.

7:30pm Son goes into kitchen, leaves dirty plate on the side doesn't even look to see if the dishwasher is empty.
Makes himself a cup of tea, goes back into his room

Fuck my life
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
Robbo
Legend
Posts: 1214
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Kids mate, sometimes they just have other things on their minds and dont want to talk, had it often enough with my kids.
-----------------------------------------------------
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Mumford wrote:Day off been decorating all day.

My son comes home from work 5:10pm, I make him a cup of tea, take it into his room for him, not a word.

6:45pm I cook our tea, ( Steak & chips) Take it into his room for him, not a word.

7:30pm Son goes into kitchen, leaves dirty plate on the side doesn't even look to see if the dishwasher is empty.
Makes himself a cup of tea, goes back into his room

Fuck my life
Why not just ask him?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Mumford
First Teamer
Posts: 459
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Earth sometimes

3 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Mumford wrote:Day off been decorating all day.

My son comes home from work 5:10pm, I make him a cup of tea, take it into his room for him, not a word.

6:45pm I cook our tea, ( Steak & chips) Take it into his room for him, not a word.

7:30pm Son goes into kitchen, leaves dirty plate on the side doesn't even look to see if the dishwasher is empty.
Makes himself a cup of tea, goes back into his room

Fuck my life
Why not just ask him?
We don't speak the same language !
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 24208
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

There'll be some shite going down in his life, guaranteed
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 5872
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

3 years ago

can we back track a bit and just find out how things have gone for you since last time you posted. seemed pretty desperate for you so i'm glad you've (a) got a roof over your head and (b) enough stability to be more concerned about your son.

how old is your son anyway?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

TBH I'm back home short term in my mid 30s and I've been like that ffs at times, especially during first year, I'm only getting my head out of my hole now chum and that's still with finding out a load of personal stuff that would have had me reaching for the rope a year ago and a parent collapsing on Christmas Eve and only getting discharged last night. He'll have girl problems and/or may be getting used to the change in circumstances. All you can do is be there chum. Blokes, whether they are 15 or 65, there are certain instincts that are quite common. He'll talk when he's ready or the drama will fix itself. Keep your head up.

Or also find a way to make him make his own dinner but not in a deliberate you're ungrateful way, just have something come up or find some reason.

What age is he? Maybe some of the parents here can chip in but unless he's like 10 and exhibiting those behaviours I'd try not to worry too much. Teenagers are teenagers and the rest of us have Peter Pan syndrome until we have kids!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13448
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

Mumford wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Mumford wrote:Day off been decorating all day.

My son comes home from work 5:10pm, I make him a cup of tea, take it into his room for him, not a word.

6:45pm I cook our tea, ( Steak & chips) Take it into his room for him, not a word.

7:30pm Son goes into kitchen, leaves dirty plate on the side doesn't even look to see if the dishwasher is empty.
Makes himself a cup of tea, goes back into his room

Fuck my life
Why not just ask him?
We don't speak the same language !
Well, there you go... you asked what you were doing wrong... not saying it's your fault, but if you can't talk to your boy, then that's a problem...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: 6 years ago

3 years ago

That's interesting Alf, good to get a parent's take because my whole life although I feel I've always been able to talk to my mum about everything, until I was ready, if she asked what was wrong I'd say nothing!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend
Posts: 2043
Joined: 4 years ago

3 years ago

Can only say it gets worse ,we have 3 + 3 +4 ( none at home ) in fact just been to no 3 to watch match .You never stop mithreing ,worrying .
Now looking back the best time was when they were all tucked up in bed .
Father in Law god rest his soul ,said when he wanted to speak to my sister in law ( she was the last one left at home at the time) they have to phone her up ,she was in her bedroom. :D
Leave the lad alone and he,ll tell you if he wants, i can honestly say I told my Mam and Dad fuck all.
Post Reply