White collar boxing

The original Den of Iniquity
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Anyone done this before for charity?

I'm doing it in April but I've only done some boxing training when I was fitter,

Though after last few years, I've given up the booze, changed the diet to veggie and excercised everyday, only two weeks but really enjoying all three of the above.

My confidence is starting to come back so I am really going all in and think this will be sweetabix for my self esteem regardless of result and I have a semi pro training me for free as well as the free training. Think I'll raise about a grand so should be all good to prove something to myself.

But anyone done it before? Fearing walking out in front of 400 people more than getting chinned lol but anyone been to any events even?

What's it like?

Any input appreciated, also got a text code if anyone would like to sponsor me a few quid just.

Any tips please below!!!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

3 years ago

Do you get to hit rich people? If so I'm in
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Do you get to hit rich people? If so I'm in
Maybe right enough in Surrey etc you would, unfortunately over here it's a cert I'll get paired with some big cunt with prison tattoos
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

redzebs wrote:Anyone done this before for charity?

I'm doing it in April but I've only done some boxing training when I was fitter,

Though after last few years, I've given up the booze, changed the diet to veggie and excercised everyday, only two weeks but really enjoying all three of the above.

My confidence is starting to come back so I am really going all in and think this will be sweetabix for my self esteem regardless of result and I have a semi pro training me for free as well as the free training. Think I'll raise about a grand so should be all good to prove something to myself.

But anyone done it before? Fearing walking out in front of 400 people more than getting chinned lol but anyone been to any events even?

What's it like?

Any input appreciated, also got a text code if anyone would like to sponsor me a few quid just.

Any tips please below!!!
I took some advice from a decent level boxer many years ago... mostly just about fighting, it will apply here as well... when a fight starts, you've got to weigh up your opponent very quickly and fight back in one of two ways... if he looks cautious, and tentative, swarm the fucker, don't let him breathe... hit him hard, often, up and down, and don't let up, and hope you batter him or he quits before you burn out... this works every time against the timid sort, but if you suss him wrong, you could be fucked... the other tactic, is the opposite... if he looks game, and capable, then prepare to defend yourself, and conserve energy... most people don't realize just how tiring fighting is, and if you can outlast him, you can take him...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

3 years ago

Sid wrote:Do you get to hit rich people? If so I'm in
If that's all you want Sid, you can always blag your way into a posh London club on a Saturday night... plenty of rich, spoilt brats, trying to look hard in front of the posh birds... got to be careful though, a lot of young rich lads train nowadays, impressed with UFC... might be satisfying to batter a few rich twats, but there's not much more humiliating than getting your arse handed to you by a cunt in fancy rags...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Haha so true, you used to be able to spot cunts not to mess with now every 21 year old has a fuckin 6 pack and does some sort of mma shite.

Better spilling a drink on his crotch and profusely apologise so the bouncers will fuck him out if he starts then hit on his bird. And wear a hat when leaving :-)
Pikey McScum
Legend

3 years ago

I thought this was somebody starting a real-life "Fight Club" thread

Now there's a thought...
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
redzebs
Legend

3 years ago

Pikey McScum wrote:I thought this was somebody starting a real-life "Fight Club" thread

Now there's a thought...

Getting my eyes opened, I've been hitting the weights/gym thinking it would help as well.

Nope. First dats training with proper boxer who's a mate and he had me out Road running which I hate, meep meep,

Absoloutley fucked after it.

He said to me there go to the gym if you want for bonding with a good mate I rarely see otherwise and to get into good shape and self confidence and image but it'll have no relevance on fighting.

He said padwork and road running, all the time, run, run, run because you can run three miles and think this is a gift but two rounds in the ring and you'll be fucked so you just need stamina.

He's half my weight so he swarms his opponent as soon as the bell goes and doesn't let him breathe so he needs stamina so fights near won in the first round because the other boys fitness isn't as high no matter how hard he hits,

Or, depending if my opponent is heavy because he's not fit or heavy because he's built, get super fit and don't let him breathe so you're going back to you're corner in far fitter shape or if his general fitness isn't great, use your fitness and quickness to make him come after you and the occasion will drain him so just pick him off on points in final rounds.

Similar to what Alfs mates said.
Pikey McScum
Legend

3 years ago

Did I ask a question???
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015