[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Best All by himself - United Rant

Best All by himself

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

pint vulger
Legend

Best All by himself

Postby pint vulger » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:12 pm

We have been to watch the new Besty docu in town tonight ,in IMBD style 6/10 for us ,nothing new on what was ultimately a sad sad story,nothing I havnt seen before hundreds of times ,no fresh foootage,nothing new said ,tbf cant really see the point in making the story.
Of course the nearest person i have ever had to a hero ,saw most of his games ,some of my most fantastic memories ,but on reflection he let everyone down most importantly himself.
Love you George RIP.

pint vulger
Legend

Re: Best All by himself

Postby pint vulger » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Further detail ,he played for United before the introduction of the premier league.Yes football existed before then,in fact without the support and the history of the club back then we wouldnt have what we have now.
Anyway back to George Best ,born in NI played for United 1963 - 1974 ,look him up ,he was quite good and had an interesting life.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:46 pm

Could you take a minute from educating us on players I'd personally never heard of like George Best (he sounds good btw) and speak a little more about the gay conspiracy behind the BBC

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Sid... you just contributed 2 posts to a thread, that Pint was pissed off about, that no one was paying attention to...

Mine makes 3...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:01 pm

All over gays :D George Best,Bill Foulkes,Munich nothing ,Just anoth day on 'Utd 'Rant :D

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:30 pm

Not pissed off about it ,enjoyed the evening in the New Home cinemas ,just not much to report ,thought it was my duty to go and watch.

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:36 pm

He let himself down is bullshit, he had alcoholism and who knows what mental health problems, he put on a brave facade because that's what blokes did then.

But if he'd been English he'd have a statue outside fuckin everywhere!
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:07 pm

He has a statue in the most important place.
Mental health problem ? Well i suppose alcoholism is a form.
Dont think he was an alcholic when he first did one , it was the thing to do in those days ( rock stars) go on benders ,shagging everything you fancied, become unreliable.
Anyway ,a fairly dissapointing docu' in as much ,I have seen it all before.
He was a good looking fucker and some of the women he was banging wow.
RIP even my Mam loved him and she never watched a game in her 70 odd years.
Was at Northampton.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:38 am

Alcoholism is a recognised chronic medical condition... that's not disputed any more... Best never made a big deal about it because he could afford it, and he enjoyed his life... like most things, it's always more destructive when you're poor... Best lived the dream to the limit, burned both ends, and went too soon... for me, the only criticism is, he should have had a lot more respect for the new liver... that was a waste of a second chance, that probably should have gone to someone else...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Return to “Off Topic Forum”