Best All by himself

The original Den of Iniquity
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

True, if you've got the money, you can do anything, that's why so many celebs die, mixture of drink drugs and coping with fame.

The poor can now afford to still drink themselves to death and smoke too, and if the tax money raised didn't have to be spent on the NHS treating them, the government wouldn't give any fucks.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Anyone think he let Utd fans down ,was thinking he has an an fairly easy ride from the boys back then, we would almost certainly had another league title minimum if he had knuckled down,the club lets us and him down too ,with proper investment ,Shilton and before him Mike England would have been the dogs.You never know it may have put the breaks on Liverpool ? Plus with Forest ,Villa and the scoucers winning EC's regularly we may have another big ears too.
He coukd be a real angry fucker on the field too ,mine you he was kicked up and down dale.
Charlton or Best ?
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Best
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Ermmmm sorry RZ ,Bobby for me.
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

pint vulger wrote:Ermmmm sorry RZ ,Bobby for me.
If he question is raw talent, giving excitement to the fans, showing what football is all about, story of a under-privileged Belfast kid rip it up on Europes biggest stage, have Pele call him the Best and have stories of his dribbles told from those old enough to hav seen him play then it's got to be Best.
I remember listening to my step-dad recount how he single handedly took a very good Scotland side apart at Windsor Park. Deemed the best performance ever at Windsor Park.

Zebs...You will appreciate this wee video of his highlights in that game
Some of his dribbles around the half-way mark are unbelievable...

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/no ... 49732.html
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Aye that Scotland game is legendary, dribbling with that ball on those pitches with those tackles.

If he'd been born later and broke onto the scene say Ronaldo time, with more care from the club, more peer pressure not to booze, slick pitches, lighter balls and more protection??

Fuck me, even if he didn't last as long, there'd be a few peak years in the middle were he'd be Ronaldo and Messi good.

He's actually a bit like a mixture of the two funny enough
Steggo
Legend

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:Aye that Scotland game is legendary, dribbling with that ball on those pitches with those tackles.

If he'd been born later and broke onto the scene say Ronaldo time, with more care from the club, more peer pressure not to booze, slick pitches, lighter balls and more protection??

Fuck me, even if he didn't last as long, there'd be a few peak years in the middle were he'd be Ronaldo and Messi good.

He's actually a bit like a mixture of the two funny enough
With all the advances in modern football Best would have been better than either Ronaldo or Messi,no doubt about it.He was,as he is often called-a genius.And as for him only being on the scene for a short time,he made a total of 474 appearances for United and scored 181 goals.We really did see the best of him.

But my own hero is Denis Law. I think he encapsulated everything that makes football the game we love. Read his autobiography to see how he conquered adversity.
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Aye plus the amount of reds against the opposition would be shocking lol, his ability to skin players at will would have lesser teams haplessly trying to tackle him with wild tackles and bigger teams would get sent off as he made cubts out of them.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Funny as Steggo , think i probably have Denis as my favourite ,but no as 2 ,Maradona numero uno pour moi.
Denis was everything you dreamed of as a kid, but he was nowhere near the class of George and Bobby.
Besty when he took the ball of Banks foot ........only for a useless fucking prick in black to spoil a great sporting moment.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Do you mean this on RZ ?