General Election June 8 th

Political Debate
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

10 months ago

But, but, but capitalism promotes competition, and that's good for consumers...

Right?

That should be front page news... I'd love to hear the Tories explain it away...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19617
Joined: 5 years ago

10 months ago

Innit. Everything they privatise goes to shit.

These are rich capitalist states as well, yet they maintain the odd key public service because they see the value to capital. Like trains are mostly used to get people to and form work, or to town to spend money - all of which benefits capital. But if you push them too far they won't be able to afford to get to work (like the people down south who're having to pay over 5k) or get to fucking meadowhall to go buy a load of shit they don't need. Not to mention shit like a nationalised bank can generate shitloads for the public coffers.
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19617
Joined: 5 years ago

10 months ago

lol you don't get much for a billion quid these days https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ition-fees
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

10 months ago

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -challenge

The £billion hasn't been spent yet...

I've got a lot of time for that woman, even if she is a lawyer...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

10 months ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41262914

"After the tragedy, survivors were told by the prime minister that every person made homeless by the fire would receive an offer of accommodation within three weeks.

Three months on, however, only three of the 196 households who needed rehoming have moved into permanent accommodation offered by the council.

Four are in the process of making their temporary accommodation permanent, but most are still living in hotels."

Quality... I'd like to see that made into a headline on front pages all over the world... embarrass our government into proper action... May and her cabal of vermin should be ashamed to their core... but I doubt they give it much thought...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1622
Joined: 4 years ago

10 months ago

Sid wrote:Speaking of british trains - is this accurate?

If so not only the most expensive but a truly shit service as well - often late, and the average age of the trains is over 20 years, with some as old as 40+

Take em off the cunts
The problem is that the system is so complicated. Just gone on the National Rail ticket site and a single London to Bristol ranges from £102 (8.30 am train) to £33.10 (10.12am train).Fares become even cheaper if you book in advance,have one of the many railcards or can be prepared to 'split' your journey (but amazingly staying on the same train!).Again,if you want a return journey (London to Bristol) the 8.30 train will cost you £204 (this is not first class) but the 10.12 train will cost £57.50 (and you can come back on the same train as someone who has paid £204).
If you're prepared to work at it you can travel for a reasonable price (I got from deepest West Wales to Hartlepool return for £79 instead of the normal price of £242 using the above 'tricks').

But no,the rail,utilities etc should be re-nationalised (just look how many companies are involved in the rail system).
Steggo
Legend
Posts: 1622
Joined: 4 years ago

10 months ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41262914

"After the tragedy, survivors were told by the prime minister that every person made homeless by the fire would receive an offer of accommodation within three weeks.

Three months on, however, only three of the 196 households who needed rehoming have moved into permanent accommodation offered by the council.

Four are in the process of making their temporary accommodation permanent, but most are still living in hotels."

Quality... I'd like to see that made into a headline on front pages all over the world... embarrass our government into proper action... May and her cabal of vermin should be ashamed to their core... but I doubt they give it much thought...
Disgusting. And compounded by this (the latest figures I can get hold of).https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... or-reveals
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

10 months ago

Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41262914

"After the tragedy, survivors were told by the prime minister that every person made homeless by the fire would receive an offer of accommodation within three weeks.

Three months on, however, only three of the 196 households who needed rehoming have moved into permanent accommodation offered by the council.

Four are in the process of making their temporary accommodation permanent, but most are still living in hotels."

Quality... I'd like to see that made into a headline on front pages all over the world... embarrass our government into proper action... May and her cabal of vermin should be ashamed to their core... but I doubt they give it much thought...
Disgusting. And compounded by this (the latest figures I can get hold of).https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... or-reveals
That money will sit in accounts collecting interest... a lot of interest... even if all of the donated money is distributed, the charities will make a tidy sum on money they've sat on... not saying that's their motive, but it's the truth...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
FuB
Legend
Posts: 4068
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Littlewoods Data Entry Department

10 months ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Steggo wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41262914

"After the tragedy, survivors were told by the prime minister that every person made homeless by the fire would receive an offer of accommodation within three weeks.

Three months on, however, only three of the 196 households who needed rehoming have moved into permanent accommodation offered by the council.

Four are in the process of making their temporary accommodation permanent, but most are still living in hotels."

Quality... I'd like to see that made into a headline on front pages all over the world... embarrass our government into proper action... May and her cabal of vermin should be ashamed to their core... but I doubt they give it much thought...
Disgusting. And compounded by this (the latest figures I can get hold of).https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... or-reveals
That money will sit in accounts collecting interest... a lot of interest... even if all of the donated money is distributed, the charities will make a tidy sum on money they've sat on... not saying that's their motive, but it's the truth...
just to put a number to that - at the lowest uk high street bank interest rates (that I found with a quick search, admittedly) of 1.5%, that's about 240 grand of interest on the 16m they haven't doled out.
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11385
Joined: 4 years ago

10 months ago

Can we have our billion yet? I actually want to give Sinn Fein a million so we can get a governm my back and sort the language act, it's a million quid, some cubt somewheres got that in loose change, surely it'd be worth having a campaign or someone paying it just for the damage it would cause the dup.

Fuck sake like, pocket change compared to what's wasted.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Post Reply