[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Sofia - Page 11 - United Rant

Sofia

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

redzebs
Legend

Re: Sofia

Postby redzebs » Wed May 31, 2017 5:30 pm

Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Wed May 31, 2017 6:13 pm

The official Rant token Europhile

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Wed May 31, 2017 6:24 pm

See to be honest, I consider myself a decent music aficionado, love most genres, would know loads of back catalogues but you never see anyone here on what are you listening too going on about the smiths on their way home from work, or some Northern soul track, or Prince, or Bowie or even Jarvis Cocker or pink Floyd or elo or anything after 1995 tbf.

It's always yeah got my speakers up on big als crocodile solo in d minor, yeah listen to that percussion.

I can't stand commercial radio but a bit of yeah heard that new libertines album or the last shadow puppets or Conor oberst or anything that's decent but you wouldn't hear on the radio would make sense.

Surely some ranters listen to current rock.

Like the cribs out of Wakefield, that album with Johnny Marr was awesome and for some good old stadium just good tune gigs the Courteeners who sang not 19 forever when we won our 20th title are a good night out.

But someone goes yeah Herbert's good but koala bears bass guatarist was amazing and everyone knows what their on about!

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Wed May 31, 2017 6:31 pm

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Wed May 31, 2017 6:50 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Wed May 31, 2017 8:02 pm

The official Rant token Europhile

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Wed May 31, 2017 8:18 pm

I recognised some of Alfs words tbf, that's a start.

I've the original love will tear us apart on vinyl, the original freebird so I've a pretty broad taste.

But the likes of Doherty and Barat, you might think their cunts but it is purely about the love of the music and all the influences. Courteeners are just a good night out about most of it modern social commentary.

I still think Alex Turner is one of the most talented cunts around, to have so many genres switching it up on each album and the lyrics are relatable plus his last shadow puppets albums with full orchestras were proper music.

But aye, Cowell, Walsh, Britains got not no talent, all a load of shuts manipulated to make money $$$, given no advice what to do next and fucked out for the next season.

Another few albums me and a mate who's a decent knowledge of music were listening to by the pull was Kanyes first album before he became a total cunt, through the wire and never let you down for example and jayz's the black album, that is fuckin superb.

Can we do a Trumpet song (rant mix),

Nobody listen to techno, now let's go, trumpet solo, per per per der der.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 pm

I think the music industry has always been market driven for short term success. There were shitloads of throwaway singles in the 50s after second world war when teenagers were created and they had a few quid in their pocket, that plus new technology aka the mass marketted vinyl and white kids loving jazz, soul, blues etc. There are umpteen fucking throwaway artists from those days and a lot of them were tunes. It's the music industry under capitalism.

What's changed for me is downloading. There's a shitload less money in the industry now. We've gone from 5 major labels signing shitloads of bands and putting out shitloads of records to shitloads of people who bought shitloads of music (this was the last great outpouring of working class music/art) to 1 major label putting out less music played by mostly posh cunts. The music they make reflects that, a lot of quiet electro shite that's been knocked up on a laptop in 20 minutes. Literally, a cunt like Bastille (Kings College) said he writes songs in 15 minutes in his bedroom. And being posh and utterly privileged he's got nothing interesting to say except faux high brow references to inform the audience he went to a private school. This electro shite is cheap to tour as well because stripped back you don't even need guitar, bass drums because it's all on a backing track. You can pack everyone into a fuel efficient hatchback and drive all over europe. You don't need to spend 6 weeks setting up the drums in a studio paying the producer, engineers, studio time etc before you've even recorded a note, you can just do the drums on a sequencer on a laptop in a couple of days and it sounds 'perfect'. In 6 weeks they'd expect you to write 3 full albums now.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Wed May 31, 2017 9:01 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 am

I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

Return to “Off Topic Forum”