[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Sofia - Page 13 - United Rant

Sofia

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
swampash
Legend

Re: Sofia

Postby swampash » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Strange actually, as it's not the sort of music I would normally gravitate towards. I'm much more of a blues fan myself. But her set on the 'other stage' was simply class.
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:39 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Don't be such a tosser Alf.
We can all dig out examples like that. Fact is I went to see her play, without an agenda, and was impressed. Period.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:46 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:34 pm

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:17 am

Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:23 am

Aye there's definitely a bit of Snobbery all round on here, my posts are usually not commercial so I don't get slagged and sometimes old enough like Gary Moore and seeing Rory Gallagher live gets you brownie posts but mostly ignored.

But I believe posters genuinely like the music they post, but I think sometimes they overemphasise the edginess of it and how far far far away from the mainstream it is.

And then Sid makes me listens to songs that are raising evil spirits for all I know lol
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 am

I really enjoy discovering new stuff at live gigs, which is why I like festivals so much. You can accidentally stroll into something you wouldn't normally seek out, which then tuns out to be really good. That's happened surprisingly often. I haven't got time today to list them, but there are lots of things I discovered that way.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:15 am

I was just thinking I might have been a bit harsh on Alf re. use of the word shite with respect to music...when you consider there's things like Barry Manilow...?

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:24 am

...and Abba...

Return to “Off Topic Forum”