Sofia

The original Den of Iniquity
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 3978
Joined: 4 years ago

1 year ago

Or Bucks Fizz...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 3978
Joined: 4 years ago

1 year ago

...or probably anything that makes it into the European song contest these days.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

1 year ago

swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote: Nah, she was fucking brilliant seen live at Glastonbury - 2011, I think it was...
If you say so...
I do.
I was there and she was a real highlight.
Yeah, back in the late 80s, I went to see Bowie, the Glass Spider tour... Duran Duran were one of the opening acts... there was a large gaggle of 12/13 year old girls behind us... they went fuckin mad... for them, Duran Duran were a real highlight...

I was there... they were fuckin SHITE!
According to whose values? Did those kids enjoy the music less because of your sneering attitude? Do you adopt the same supercilious attitude to stuff your kids listen to?
The beauty of music is its diversity. We all find stuff we relate to, but to classify any music as 'shit' because it's not to your narrow liking is, frankly, bollox
Yeah, I love that argument... "who are you to say what's shit?"

Who do you have to be?

I say it's shit, because I think it's shit... you're free to disagree, and listen to all the Pepsi ads you like... and yeah, I do sneer at my daughters music... she likes Katie Perry,(would probably like that shit you posted as well, but then, she's 6),and without the swearing, I tell her it's garbage... and she laughs and turns it up... that's called freedom of expression... I can live with it, you obviously can't!

And by the way, the beauty of music is not "it's diversity"... the beauty of music is, it's one of the purest forms of creative, emotional expression... if you think that tatty crap you're listening to is very original, or very creative, or even very expressive, then that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it... but if you want to post your opinion here, hoping we're all going think, "wow, that Swampy knows his music"... then you've left yourself open to someone telling you, you listen to shallow, uninspired, unoriginal, trendoid horseshit, aimed at naïve little girls, who measure talent by the amount of gossip it generates...



Expression... musicianship... originality... not for everyone, but they're not writing it for everyone... they wrote it for themselves... that's music!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:Aye there's definitely a bit of Snobbery all round on here, my posts are usually not commercial so I don't get slagged and sometimes old enough like Gary Moore and seeing Rory Gallagher live gets you brownie posts but mostly ignored.

But I believe posters genuinely like the music they post, but I think sometimes they overemphasise the edginess of it and how far far far away from the mainstream it is.

And then Sid makes me listens to songs that are raising evil spirits for all I know lol
:)) :)) :))
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: 5 years ago

1 year ago

swampash wrote:I was just thinking I might have been a bit harsh on Alf re. use of the word shite with respect to music...when you consider there's things like Barry Manilow...?
:))

Oh no... go easy on me Swamps... I'm getting old, yeah?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19617
Joined: 5 years ago

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:Aye there's definitely a bit of Snobbery all round on here, my posts are usually not commercial so I don't get slagged and sometimes old enough like Gary Moore and seeing Rory Gallagher live gets you brownie posts but mostly ignored.

But I believe posters genuinely like the music they post, but I think sometimes they overemphasise the edginess of it and how far far far away from the mainstream it is.

And then Sid makes me listens to songs that are raising evil spirits for all I know lol
Nah they don't raise evil spirits, just invoke the ones that are already around you

User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 19617
Joined: 5 years ago

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
If you say so...
I do.
I was there and she was a real highlight.
Yeah, back in the late 80s, I went to see Bowie, the Glass Spider tour... Duran Duran were one of the opening acts... there was a large gaggle of 12/13 year old girls behind us... they went fuckin mad... for them, Duran Duran were a real highlight...

I was there... they were fuckin SHITE!
According to whose values? Did those kids enjoy the music less because of your sneering attitude? Do you adopt the same supercilious attitude to stuff your kids listen to?
The beauty of music is its diversity. We all find stuff we relate to, but to classify any music as 'shit' because it's not to your narrow liking is, frankly, bollox
Yeah, I love that argument... "who are you to say what's shit?"

Who do you have to be?

I say it's shit, because I think it's shit... you're free to disagree, and listen to all the Pepsi ads you like... and yeah, I do sneer at my daughters music... she likes Katie Perry,(would probably like that shit you posted as well, but then, she's 6),and without the swearing, I tell her it's garbage... and she laughs and turns it up... that's called freedom of expression... I can live with it, you obviously can't!

And by the way, the beauty of music is not "it's diversity"... the beauty of music is, it's one of the purest forms of creative, emotional expression... if you think that tatty crap you're listening to is very original, or very creative, or even very expressive, then that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it... but if you want to post your opinion here, hoping we're all going think, "wow, that Swampy knows his music"... then you've left yourself open to someone telling you, you listen to shallow, uninspired, unoriginal, trendoid horseshit, aimed at naïve little girls, who measure talent by the amount of gossip it generates...



Expression... musicianship... originality... not for everyone, but they're not writing it for everyone... they wrote it for themselves... that's music!
That Radian tune is good, like that
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11385
Joined: 4 years ago

1 year ago

1980, still rockin parties everywhere, was looking at the footage from a boat party in one of the less touristy parts of Croatia I'm going to for a weeks festival, waterfalls, imprompteau beach parties, sunrise chill out parties, seen this destroying a boat party last night, no cunts, all age groups singing laughing and dancing, ill lose my mind if they play disco and funk for 4 hours, water is crystal clear two and it's two old Scottish Djs from the subclub in Glasgow that ended their residency a loads of years ago, always kept it dancy but always fucked in folk samples, metal, big teasers of Bowie or Hendrix and disco rap everything in between, they are doing the boat, Zebs is gonna get someone preggers by accident he'll be so happy
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11385
Joined: 4 years ago

1 year ago



So excited I forgot the link
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
User avatar
swampash
Legend
Posts: 3978
Joined: 4 years ago

1 year ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
swampash wrote:I was just thinking I might have been a bit harsh on Alf re. use of the word shite with respect to music...when you consider there's things like Barry Manilow...?
:))

Oh no... go easy on me Swamps... I'm getting old, yeah?
...and grumpy?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Post Reply