[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Mayweather v McGregor - Page 6 - United Rant

Mayweather v McGregor

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Sid
Legend

Re: Mayweather v McGregor

Postby Sid » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:12 pm

So why's not do that then, why's he wait til the 10th? Wanted the overtime?

Truth is his game is to be cautious as fuck, to not take risks in case he's gets caught and goes down thus ruining his unbeaten run that only he rates. And he lacks power, especally now he's 40.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:46 am

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:43 am

Innit

Mayweather's managed his career really well, he fought people at the right time. He says he beat the best, but he waited til they were old before he got in the ring with them, like the Pacquiao fight came 5/10 years too late. Manny had already retired once. That stuff will be remembered as part of his legacy.

Whereas Ali is 10 times the fighter Mayweather is and he didn't go unbeaten.

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:54 pm

I'll give it up to McGregor though, it shows how fuckin brutal MMA is, I'm telling you, watch for the brain trauma starting in 10/20 years, only thing is is the question is five elbows to the head before the ref stops it worse than 30 punches, some of them routine but the add up and they hurt,

Anyway, McGrefor was genuine imho opinion when he was like, why'd he stop it like, why didn't he let it go the distance, even if he was beat he wanted to give the fans the full fight and/or himself one last lucky chance but

Yeah, it's a bit weird reading all the comments that then go from what I read but McGregor took it to him then Mayweather just waited but I think he was surprised for an amateur boxer that McGregor was as half decent as he was but just shows how brave/stupid/smart, I don't know, but whatever, McGregors already talking about fighting full MMA like soon soon against a top of the line opponent.

And AJ says he'll fight in the UFC on a anything but submit grounds which I'm assuming means if a fighter is down, no grappling and has to be allowed to get up, he says he thinks he's just naturally suited to combat sports regardless so I'd imagine the best part of a year focusing on kicking and holds then I could easily see UFC getting a 40 odd Brock Leonard back if WWE (he got special permission and fought and won in UFC last year), cue Dana White and Paul Heyman and AJs promoter at the time building it up.

That being said, I'd loved to have seen Mayweather actually be serious and fight in the Octagon under boxing rules, less rounds no ropes so he has to go for it, that would have been the rematch if McGregor had sparked him.

But anyway cudos to MMA fighters or else just McGregor, straight away he was just like, yip I'm not hurt, bit disappointed the ref didn't give him the chance to actually put me down properly or at least let him win on points but by next year I'll be richer than Ronaldo and I'm ready to go for a fight that will actually/could actually do some damage to me and I've probably gained a bit of extra experience here tbf.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:00 pm

Forget the Mayweather and Joshua v a borderlined retired Klitchsko... Golovkin v Canelo is a proper special fight

It'll be another 3/4/5am start but it's worth staying up for

danniitronix
Legend

Postby danniitronix » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:02 pm

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:03 am

That was a hell of a scrap.

For all the talk of Golovkin's power, his chin is the best in the business. Canelo caught him with all of his biggest shots, multiple times, and he didn't even blink. It's as if there was no power there, except we know there is.

A draw is probably the right result. Canelo landed in bursts but Golovkin was the aggressor, and his punches actually hurt. They wore him down. He had Canelo wobbling a bit in the final round n all. It's that relentless attacking gameplan of massive blows that fuck you up. Canelo's counterattacks didn't even make the cunt blink. He's made of granite.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:28 am

Yeah gotta agree they're, he took Hstton lightly at the start and was at best even early on then Mayweather went fuck this, fucked about, got Hatton just punch drunk enough then stopped fucking about and ended it, looking back Hatton will regret not taking chances he didn't think he would get and/or then stick to tactics
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”