The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
redzebs
Legend

Best

Postby redzebs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Anyone watched this yet?

In middle of it now, hasn't got crying stage yet.

Summerbee saying Beckham owes everything outside football to Best, first player to start commercial ventures on a big scale
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

redzebs
Legend

Re: Best

Postby redzebs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Fuckin hell, he was only 22 when things started going shite not his fault, he started getting disciplinary issues, cracking up like Rooney at refs, bitvof Ronaldo histrionics when the team is shite, reminds me a bit like Rooney after Ronaldo Tevez leaving G Nev Scholes getting on, saying when are you going to sign some decent fuckin players.

Plus Busby retired when George was 22 so think that fucked him up, I think had Busby stayed on another few years until he was more mature and Busby not coming back when the seeds were already sown, he'd have maybe had a chance.

redzebs
Legend

Re: Best

Postby redzebs » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:17 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08s3wxj

Fuck so many parallels with the likes Rooney except nowadays even if you do have that self destructive part, you can't get away with boys will be boys and a booze culture.

Just the loneliness, even though Tooneys married, the other birds, it seems to be as soon as the talent starts to slip, professional sports people either have a back up plan and can miss football but don't need it, and if coaching or management or punditry isn't enough then there's a void that women, kids, hobbies cant fully fill.

Rooneys anger at the ref then pulling out an occasional bit of skill, assist, a goal, a pass,

Reminds me of that San Jose goal, I didn't realise the opponents had had an offside goal allowed and Best had a row with the referee, and when they were kicking off again he just turned round and said give me the balk, just give me the fuckin ball then bear about 7 players, ran back and told the referee to fuckin do one!

I'd like to see Rooney drop down to a lower team or even go the MLS and have a final Indian summer. For being on the bench, he has that body shape but he is trim, he's not a fat cunt which is the natural slur when he makes a mistake, tbf, looking at all the shit Best did, including being a shadow of himself st United, he didn't just leave United on a high and then fuck other people over,

He played at United again and couldn't hack it.

So I think in 20 30 40 years, people will only remember the good stuff.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”