[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
Charlie Gard - Page 2 - United Rant

Charlie Gard

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

redzebs
Legend

Re: Charlie Gard

Postby redzebs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 am

I'm not sure I'd go that far with America Alf, like any parent I can only imagine that they want to keep him alive no matter what, no matter in what state, in the hope that someday a cure will be found to wipe out any affliction, no matter how impossible that might seem.

I'm sure there are people using the situation for their own purposes like when Jermaine Defoe made Bradley's story massive, the parents had to say, please be aware of the false just giving pages.

But right up to Obsmacare etc. I'm sure they could have found a local situation, which they could control easier for those sorts of evil, twisted schemes.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 am

I don't know enough about it mate, I'll have to read the rest and have a proper think about it, I don't know why but the story of that little girl who won the right to be frozen card to mind hence the parents understandable inability to let go, but they won't be able to move on, maybe have another baby, I don't know the circumstances or ages, and I know losing one child can't just be magically replaced but I'm just thinking if they want to be happy parents to to a healthy child, or a child they can give some sort of quality of life to,

Then if they listen to advice now they can grieve and eventually if they want and if they are ready, be new parents again.

The problems you have is big pharma will take on just about any impossible case if you have enough money, add that to the fact that the NHS has cut funding for successful treatments based on pricing i.e. let's say top new cancer drugs that have even a 5% better survival rate might be available in no trusts, some trusts or privately in England until its patent runs out from the original manufacturer and they can buy generic versions.

That's why I know lots of adults from the UK are going to Poland and Eastern Europe for private treatments because they are affordable and wouldn't be affordable privately back home and/or on the NHS without a crazy waiting period.

So add all these up with stories in the press, on social media about some genuine healthcare professionals and some snake oils sales men and it must be a nightmare.

But tbf in this case, wasn't the child at Great Ormond Street? If they've already been given a prognosis from the best we have then other countries should be prepared to listen to applications from abroad for private treatment but also you'd hope their Hippocratic oath were they don't set out unreasonable expectations and also comment on the expert advice of the professionals they've already seen would help make a decision, but who knows.

But yeah, politicians using situations to their own advantage, no surprises there.

It's fucked up that a story like last week and the wee Sunderland mascot and Defoe is the exception rather than the rule. Same with Beckhams, remember that little girl mascot that they became really close to genuinely, strip away the riches and the brand of professional sports people or celebrities and find out there's some genuine good and kindness in them and the world is shocked, so to think for a second a politician who maybe genuinely does feel a certain way about something but if they feel like they aren't making a situation any worse they'll jump on anything, and even if they are making a situation any worse, there's a good chance they'll pole ahead anyway if it suits their agenda.

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:39 pm

I can't imagine being in the parents' shoes, but it must surely be in the kid's best interests to let him die?
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm

"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Lazarus
Legend

Postby Lazarus » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:59 pm

"?"

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Is it really a subject to be ficklessly bickering over, the main point is you're both probably right, it's just a terrible situation overall, no hope worse than false hope, especially false hope with a sinister motive

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:53 am

Does anyone know anything about the treatment that is on offer in the US? Has it been proven to work in such cases, or is it just someone wanting to mount a ghoulish experiment?

Lazarus
Legend

Postby Lazarus » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:27 pm

As Alf says i believe that nothing is expected to fix the Brain Damage, the treatment is supposed to have a 10% chance of helping the muscle wasting problem.
Why is this kid so important when there are thousands of kids dying all over the world everyday due to disease, hunger, poverty or war etc? Most of those kids don't have irreparable brain damage.
"?"

Return to “Off Topic Forum”