Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Joshua vs Takam

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:40 pm

Anyone watching this???

10:00 I believe...

Not going to go out of my way to see it... but if I'm not doing anything else, might check it out... shouldn't take too long... might even go in the first...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Re: Joshua vs Takam

Postby Sid » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah I'll be watching it. Some of the undercard fights will be good too. Well worth watching.

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:34 pm

I might tune in. There's some minge fighting on the under card.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:03 pm

That Hellenius cunt didn't turn up to fight. He just got bashed about. Why do that, why take 12 rounds of punishment and not throw hardly anything yourself. You get paid either way, you might as well attack a bit. Madness

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Josh is blowng again, he's too heavy

HARRY
Legend

Postby HARRY » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:18 pm

I wasn't too impressed with Joshua. I think the ref was a bit harsh with that stoppage. Agreed AJ was winning the rounds but it was never a stoppage. Respect to the other guy.
"Hi guys...weekends here again. Hope youve all earned a few quid!!".

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:35 pm

Aye, Takams legs wobbled in that flurry but he it looked like he recovered. But tbf the ref could have stopped it after he was cut because it was a bad one and he couldn't see properly for a lot of it.

I think the biggest thing was that Joshua had trained to fight someone whose 6'7, not someone who went he stoops to fight is probably 5'10/11. It meant a lot of his shots were off target. Takam was a right slippery cunt n all, bobbing and weaving, whereas another 6'7 cunt would have been a much bigger, slower target.

He did the job though. I want a big fight next, like Wilder.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:44 am

Sid... "Josh is blowng again, he's too heavy"...

Maybe, but that headbutt in the second smashed his nose in... his sinuses will have been full of blood after that... so from the second round on, his breathing was impaired...

I thought the stoppage was fair enough... you could see an argument for the ref letting it go, but only if he thought Takam had a chance... in the whole fight up till then, aside from a cheeky headbutt,(which I personally thought was deliberate) he never once caused AJ any bother at all... I had AJ in ever round, and the only thing Takam had going for him was a granite chin... fair play to him for taking everything thrown at him... but why let a fight go, just because the other guy "can take it"??? If he'd shown any real promise of a knockout before then, you could see giving him the chance... but he simply wasn't good enough to win that fight, and letting it go on while he was constantly dealing with blood in his eyes, and still taking heavy shots was pointless in my opinion... Doctor might have had a say in it as well...

Fair stoppage, right result...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:16 am

Yeah the ref could have stopped it after the first cut because blood was pouring out. Instead he let it go on and Takam took a beating.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”