The original Den of Iniquity
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Snoopcousins wrote:
1 year ago
I like this kinda dark country rock....
Probably not hardcore enough for you guys tho

I'm mighty fond of Gillian, if you don't know them you should check out her husband Dave Rawlings albums.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Snoopcousins
Legend

1 year ago

I definately will
Only recently found her stuff tbh....
She does the soundtracks to Hell on Wheels
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
Steggo
Legend

1 year ago

Fleetwood Mac before they went,well.........went. Oh well.

Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

FuB wrote:
1 year ago
So, having established my general fish out of water credentials as far as folk music is concerned, here's my next entry... and, as far as I know, these guys all came from the New York folk scene that spawned Dylan, etc. I give you Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys (which is a bit of a mouthful that they abbreviated to simply Cat Mother for their later albums):

I searched long and hard to get a copy of that on vinyl and I absolutely love it. Clearly it's folk wandering into country rock and I wonder if it peaks Laz's musical interests. There's at least one track that'll peak his marijuana interests anyway.

Their first album was produced by Hendrix which seems to give it more of a claim to fame than what's actually contained within. I've failed to get hold of a copy and I don't think it's as good as their second (linked above) which, for me is a masterpiece. I have their third album as well and I live in hope of picking up their first and fourth.

They somehow failed to get to Woodstock despite them having been invited to be there and they ended up setting up a sort of commune instead. I reckon they'd be remembered if their tour bus had made it to Woodstock but, instead, they sank without trace really.
My son got me a vinyl copy for fathers day....... class! :-BD
FuB
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago
So, having established my general fish out of water credentials as far as folk music is concerned, here's my next entry... and, as far as I know, these guys all came from the New York folk scene that spawned Dylan, etc. I give you Cat Mother and the All Night Newsboys (which is a bit of a mouthful that they abbreviated to simply Cat Mother for their later albums):

I searched long and hard to get a copy of that on vinyl and I absolutely love it. Clearly it's folk wandering into country rock and I wonder if it peaks Laz's musical interests. There's at least one track that'll peak his marijuana interests anyway.

Their first album was produced by Hendrix which seems to give it more of a claim to fame than what's actually contained within. I've failed to get hold of a copy and I don't think it's as good as their second (linked above) which, for me is a masterpiece. I have their third album as well and I live in hope of picking up their first and fourth.

They somehow failed to get to Woodstock despite them having been invited to be there and they ended up setting up a sort of commune instead. I reckon they'd be remembered if their tour bus had made it to Woodstock but, instead, they sank without trace really.
Excellent! It's not easy to get a nice copy this side of the Atlantic. Most seem quite beat up. Mine's not in perfect condition
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Pikey McScum
Star Man

1 year ago

25 years since Siamese Dream came out

Unbelievable...
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
Sid
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago

This is why I want kids tbf
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
1 year ago
25 years since Siamese Dream came out

Unbelievable...
Holy fuck, 25 years, Gish and Siamese Dream were class then i went off them ......
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

zebs wouldn't forgive me if I didn't mention Gabrielle and Janelle Monáe here...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

Sid wrote:
1 year ago
Lazarus wrote:
1 year ago
FuB wrote:
1 year ago

This is why I want kids tbf
It has been an adventure, he's 4 years older than I was when he was born. It's great at times like when we play guitar together in a jam but if we try to really work at it it gets a bit heated..... I woke up this morning and he'd dumped his sick dog with four skinned paws at my house and fucked off to work, the dog hasn't stopped whining...