[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3903)
The R.I.P. Thread - Page 43 - United Rant

The R.I.P. Thread

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
redzebs
Legend

Re: The R.I.P. Thread

Postby redzebs » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:25 am

The one thing I'll back Snoops up on here is the fact that people were giving me grief because I criticised Sid for sitting in a room all hoping such and such got killed.

Laz excepted.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Really sad news about Ugo Ehiogu. I remember watching him when I was little. Couldn't say his name for shit, couldn't spell it then either.

Weird number of footballers die because of heart attacks

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Very sad and a shock because i,m positive Ugo would have access to top health screening, i know academies have strenuous test on young players especially heart.
Big lad and it seems he was a decent guy.

Snoopcousins
Legend

Postby Snoopcousins » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:04 pm

Halfway between the gutter and the stars

sheesh
Legend

Postby sheesh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 pm

I was on another forum earlier. Ehiogu apparently did an interview with the BBC in 2013, where he revealed that he wanted to join United, just before they won the treble. Here's an extract:

Any regrets?

UE: I should have left Villa a bit earlier. I'd gone stale there. I had a few talks with Manchester City, Spurs and Manchester United about moving, just before they won the treble in 1999.

It came off the back of Dwight Yorke and Mark Bosnich going there. There was some interest but Villa made it difficult for me. I was held to ransom a bit. I'd signed a new contract and they were going to decide which club I could join. They wanted me to go to Middlesbrough so that's how it went.

Would you have joined United?

UE: I'd have hitched a lift there.

Anyway, RIP.

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:59 pm

The irony is, I know it was probably at the training ground but wasn't it at Spurs where Muamba hit the deck and they barely saved him and he had to retire and it highlighted the need for more training on cpr, more defibrillators etc.?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Sid
Legend

Postby Sid » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:56 am

Aye it was. But I doubt coaches get the same medical analysis players get. Maybe they should now.

Turns out he was rated as a coach. Poch must've liked the look of him n all. Who knows what could have been. Real shame

pint vulger
Legend

Postby pint vulger » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 am

Yes but surely Ugo has come through an era as a player when health became as important as training .Obviously there are some things that are tricky to spot.

Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am

Chris Cornell...

Fuckin shocker... only 52...

What a voice...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

Pikey McScum
Star Man

Postby Pikey McScum » Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 am

FUCK OFF - SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! :(
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015

Return to “Off Topic Forum”