Whisky

The original Den of Iniquity
Robbo
Legend

5 years ago

Are there any here who enjoy a whisky now and again? i've just opened a 12 year old Highland Park and have to say its rather nice, have had the 12, 15 and 18 year old Glenfiddich, recently a 10 year old Finlaggan and Conamara from the land of Pikey.
-----------------------------------------------------
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Personally, I've a soft spot for Bushmills 1608.

Scotch is great if you're looking for interesting flavours, but Irish is the best if you just want smooth...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Robbo
Legend

5 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Personally, I've a soft spot for Bushmills 1608.

Scotch is great if you're looking for interesting flavours, but Irish is the best if you just want smooth...
I was surprised by the taste of the Highland Park Alf, the Finlaggan and Connemara were both peaty and you could really taste that when drinking it, but the Highland Park I would class as good as if not slightly better than the 18 year old Glenfiddich.
-----------------------------------------------------
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

5 years ago

Not a big fan of Scotch to be honest... they've got the most interesting flavours, but I find them harsh drinking.

The thing is... it's fuckin alcohol... 40%... and no matter what anyone says, alcohol tastes like fuckin shit... if you're clever with your making, you can get in some interesting flavours and after tastes... but it's still 40% alcohol.

For me, the most important quality is how smooth it is... easy sipping, without the burn... the Irish are brilliant at this... fuck knows how they manage it... the thing about 1608, is they get a bit of sherry flavour in it... aging it in American Sherry barrels I think.

Anyway, that's my tuppence.
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

5 years ago

Spot on, Alf. There isn't a lot you can do with flavour when there's a lot of alcohol in it.

I've had 12, 15 and 18 year old Glenfiddich. The 15 was the most palatable, but I wouldn't choose to drink it.

Porter on the other hand, fucking yes. One of the nicest porters I've had was called Old Engine Oil. Thick, strong, heavy stuff.
Pikey McScum
Star Man

5 years ago

As an Irishman, I do love cock.
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
sheesh

5 years ago

Pikey McScum wrote:As an Irishman, I do love cock.
This did make me laugh tbf.
Pikey McScum
Star Man

5 years ago

sheesh wrote:
Surprising....
"that is probably the worst post ive ever read" - Knobby, 28th April 2015
sheesh

5 years ago

Pikey McScum wrote:
sheesh wrote:
Surprising....

*Ruffles Pikey's hair*
captainhormone
Star Man

5 years ago

Ahem..forgot about that lol
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.