The original Den of Iniquity
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Mumford wrote:
FuB wrote:
Mumford wrote:
Red legend wrote:
Mumford wrote:Had the third of the interviews today.

Have to say the Rep I had in there with me was fantastic, he tore into the manager in no uncertain terms, mainly because of his lack of witness statments, notes from previous hearings etc, and stated that he would not accept them as evidence retrospectively if they were brought up at further interviews.

Also told the manager that Royal Mail had failed in their duty of care to make sure that I wasn't treated in this way, despite guidance saying that I was to be protected because of a suicidal history. He added that bullying and harassment was rife in the office I work at, and that "not addressing" it wasn't an option, and that ignoring it wouldn't make it "go away" He cited over sixteen cases of B&H that were being investigated at the office, and seven grievances agiant managers for failing to do their jobs, eight of the B&H cases were against management.

I'm still suspended though, but it's a good long break.
It sounds like the rep is on the ball. Are you feeling any improvement within yourself , regardless of the work situation ?.
I feel better after today, it's lifted me a bit, but the doubt is still there.
you're just going to have to hang in there, chap. it does sound like you've got good representation so try to keep the faith and consider the fact that there's a load of people you hardly know here rooting for you so it can't be you that's the problem.

Considering the arsehole I made of myself when signing up here, I'm really grateful for all the support you guys are giving me, its really appreciated

You're not alone . Everyone's an arsehole on here. Just focus on what you do have control over and your desired outcome , which I guess is to get better.
Mumford
First Teamer

4 years ago

This gets even funnier if you think like I do.

A) One of the witness' has gone of sick, he will be away for at least a month, the last time he was off with diabetes he was gone for six months.

B) At the last hearing the Union insisted the management keep in touch with me on a weekly basis, they haven't done that, so they have now filed a grievance on my behalf accusing Royal Mail of failing to show "A duty of care" to me because of my mental health.

C) The Union have also filed a grievance against the offie manager for failing to adhere to a Union request for more contact.

D) The Union have instructed their solicitors to prepare a case of "constructive dismissal" against Royal Mail, based on their failure to to adhere to all of the above.

E) Meanwhile I am still suspended, and still on full pay, in last weeks pay packet I had my bonus for the first quarter, I heven't done the job that entitles me to the bonus since I was suspended.

If you did a documentary no-one would believe it.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Mumford wrote:This gets even funnier if you think like I do.

A) One of the witness' has gone of sick, he will be away for at least a month, the last time he was off with diabetes he was gone for six months.

B) At the last hearing the Union insisted the management keep in touch with me on a weekly basis, they haven't done that, so they have now filed a grievance on my behalf accusing Royal Mail of failing to show "A duty of care" to me because of my mental health.

C) The Union have also filed a grievance against the offie manager for failing to adhere to a Union request for more contact.

D) The Union have instructed their solicitors to prepare a case of "constructive dismissal" against Royal Mail, based on their failure to to adhere to all of the above.

E) Meanwhile I am still suspended, and still on full pay, in last weeks pay packet I had my bonus for the first quarter, I heven't done the job that entitles me to the bonus since I was suspended.

Good lad! Enjoy it, let them hang themselves, sounds like they've even brought their own rope, treat yourself with the unexpected cash and away and pour yourself a large poison of your choice, plus it's Friday :-D
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Mumford wrote:This gets even funnier if you think like I do.

Don't be to sure they've fucked up with the bonus payment . Maybe want to keep you sweet now they've made a hash of it , or , a ploy to test you. If you don't make them aware of the discrepancy , could they try to nail you with another allegation . Max ? .
Mumford
First Teamer

4 years ago

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Absolutely not. The vast majority of employers will have an overpayment stipulation in their contractual terms of employment. Which allows them the facility to recoup any over payments form your bank account. Its generally regarded as common practice to inform the employee that a payment error has been made, and that they intend to take it back in instalments or in one hit. Only if the employee changes bank accounts or is deemed to be purposely running the account down to avoid repayment would any problems arise. But ultimately it is the duty of the paymaster to ensure the correct payment is made. There is no liability on behalf of the employee until they initiate a means of retrieving the over payment.

Might be worth remembering that whilst you are still technically innocent of any wrong doing, it is the employer that has curtailed your right to seek gainful employment either with the P.O or elsewhere, and if the bonus scheme is part of your contract of employment then they would be duly obliged to pay in full.
Yep agree

The Union guy has told me to say fuck all about it, it's their cock up, so they have to discover it.
He also thinks that as I am suspended on "full pay" this would include any bonus I am entitled to.
FuB
Legend

4 years ago

Mumford wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Absolutely not. The vast majority of employers will have an overpayment stipulation in their contractual terms of employment. Which allows them the facility to recoup any over payments form your bank account. Its generally regarded as common practice to inform the employee that a payment error has been made, and that they intend to take it back in instalments or in one hit. Only if the employee changes bank accounts or is deemed to be purposely running the account down to avoid repayment would any problems arise. But ultimately it is the duty of the paymaster to ensure the correct payment is made. There is no liability on behalf of the employee until they initiate a means of retrieving the over payment.

Might be worth remembering that whilst you are still technically innocent of any wrong doing, it is the employer that has curtailed your right to seek gainful employment either with the P.O or elsewhere, and if the bonus scheme is part of your contract of employment then they would be duly obliged to pay in full.
Yep agree

The Union guy has told me to say fuck all about it, it's their cock up, so they have to discover it.
He also thinks that as I am suspended on "full pay" this would include any bonus I am entitled to.
i'm with the union guy. "full pay" has a connotation that they likely didn't expect to come into play when they started this farce. beers on you?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

Good luck with it then Mumford. Bonus and full pay , and building the train set. You won't want to go back !.
Mumford
First Teamer

4 years ago

Had a letter a couple of weeks back telling me I was suspended until the 11th April, that ends tomorrow, and I've not had a letter telling me the suspension has been extended, so I am going into work to see what happens!

Have been told by the CWU rep that one of the witnesses is off sick for at least another month, that will take it to four months since I was initially suspended.
Legal advice is saying that this could be construed as constructive dismissal in an Employment court, as I am now beyond "reasonable time for a resolution".
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

Stay cool tomorrow mumps.
And good luck!
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Mumford
First Teamer

4 years ago

Suspension now extended until May 3rd.

I'm on holiday next week, and have been told by the Union to get the days credited back, more paperwork for the inept managerial team.