Well that escalated quickly !

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
Mumford
First Teamer

Re: Well that escalated quickly !

Postby Mumford » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:56 pm

MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Absolutely not. The vast majority of employers will have an overpayment stipulation in their contractual terms of employment. Which allows them the facility to recoup any over payments form your bank account. Its generally regarded as common practice to inform the employee that a payment error has been made, and that they intend to take it back in instalments or in one hit. Only if the employee changes bank accounts or is deemed to be purposely running the account down to avoid repayment would any problems arise. But ultimately it is the duty of the paymaster to ensure the correct payment is made. There is no liability on behalf of the employee until they initiate a means of retrieving the over payment.

Might be worth remembering that whilst you are still technically innocent of any wrong doing, it is the employer that has curtailed your right to seek gainful employment either with the P.O or elsewhere, and if the bonus scheme is part of your contract of employment then they would be duly obliged to pay in full.

Yep agree

The Union guy has told me to say fuck all about it, it's their cock up, so they have to discover it.
He also thinks that as I am suspended on "full pay" this would include any bonus I am entitled to.
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

FuB
Legend

Postby FuB » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:54 pm

Mumford wrote:
MAX CLIFFORD wrote:Absolutely not. The vast majority of employers will have an overpayment stipulation in their contractual terms of employment. Which allows them the facility to recoup any over payments form your bank account. Its generally regarded as common practice to inform the employee that a payment error has been made, and that they intend to take it back in instalments or in one hit. Only if the employee changes bank accounts or is deemed to be purposely running the account down to avoid repayment would any problems arise. But ultimately it is the duty of the paymaster to ensure the correct payment is made. There is no liability on behalf of the employee until they initiate a means of retrieving the over payment.

Might be worth remembering that whilst you are still technically innocent of any wrong doing, it is the employer that has curtailed your right to seek gainful employment either with the P.O or elsewhere, and if the bonus scheme is part of your contract of employment then they would be duly obliged to pay in full.

Yep agree

The Union guy has told me to say fuck all about it, it's their cock up, so they have to discover it.
He also thinks that as I am suspended on "full pay" this would include any bonus I am entitled to.

i'm with the union guy. "full pay" has a connotation that they likely didn't expect to come into play when they started this farce. beers on you?
The official Rant token Europhile

Red legend
Star Man

Postby Red legend » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:03 pm

Good luck with it then Mumford. Bonus and full pay , and building the train set. You won't want to go back !.

Mumford
First Teamer

Postby Mumford » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Had a letter a couple of weeks back telling me I was suspended until the 11th April, that ends tomorrow, and I've not had a letter telling me the suspension has been extended, so I am going into work to see what happens!

Have been told by the CWU rep that one of the witnesses is off sick for at least another month, that will take it to four months since I was initially suspended.
Legal advice is saying that this could be construed as constructive dismissal in an Employment court, as I am now beyond "reasonable time for a resolution".

swampash
Legend

Postby swampash » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:40 am

Stay cool tomorrow mumps.
And good luck!
I'm only wearing black until they discover something darker...

Mumford
First Teamer

Postby Mumford » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:44 pm

Suspension now extended until May 3rd.

I'm on holiday next week, and have been told by the Union to get the days credited back, more paperwork for the inept managerial team.

Steggo
Legend

Postby Steggo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:26 am

Is Mumford still with us?

Mumford
First Teamer

Postby Mumford » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Latest news is that the suspension has been lifted ( after 5 months) and due to the delay, no further action will (can) be taken.

So I should be going back to work, if it wasn't for the point that an operation to relieve the tendon compression went wrong, and I am no in more pain than ever.

The result of this is that I have been on "leave" as they have no light duties I can perform, now though I have run out of leave to take, and do not qualify for sick pay, so I am having to go into work even though they have no work for me.

The fun starts this Monday coming when I turn up at 7am for my "light duties", complete with arm in a sling !

redzebs
Legend

Postby redzebs » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 pm

How'd you get on lad
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

Mumford
First Teamer

Postby Mumford » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:48 pm

redzebs wrote:How'd you get on lad

Well one week in.

Turned up Monday, complete with Doctors note to say the most I could do was three hours a day for the foreseeable future.

Can only use one arm to put mail in the delivery frame, so it takes me a lot longer to do it.

Wednesday could see the steam coming out of a managers ears, he asked me if the job would be finished by 9am, I said "doubt it I can't work any faster", he was just about to make another comment when the Union Rep put his head around the corner, Manager walked away muttering.

Today I had worked my five days, all be it for only three hours a day, was asked if I was coming in Saturday, said no when asked "why not" I said "It's my day off",

You've only worked 15 hours this week.

Not my fault I replied, " Doctor put me on light duties to stop you lot stressing me out"

Same hours next week, 7am - 10am £410 for 15hrs work, I can do this for a long time !