The original Den of Iniquity
Steggo
Legend

2 years ago

Is Mumford still with us?
Mumford
First Teamer

1 year ago

Latest news is that the suspension has been lifted ( after 5 months) and due to the delay, no further action will (can) be taken.

So I should be going back to work, if it wasn't for the point that an operation to relieve the tendon compression went wrong, and I am no in more pain than ever.

The result of this is that I have been on "leave" as they have no light duties I can perform, now though I have run out of leave to take, and do not qualify for sick pay, so I am having to go into work even though they have no work for me.

The fun starts this Monday coming when I turn up at 7am for my "light duties", complete with arm in a sling !
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

How'd you get on lad
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Mumford
First Teamer

1 year ago

redzebs wrote:How'd you get on lad
Well one week in.

Turned up Monday, complete with Doctors note to say the most I could do was three hours a day for the foreseeable future.

Can only use one arm to put mail in the delivery frame, so it takes me a lot longer to do it.

Wednesday could see the steam coming out of a managers ears, he asked me if the job would be finished by 9am, I said "doubt it I can't work any faster", he was just about to make another comment when the Union Rep put his head around the corner, Manager walked away muttering.

Today I had worked my five days, all be it for only three hours a day, was asked if I was coming in Saturday, said no when asked "why not" I said "It's my day off",

You've only worked 15 hours this week.

Not my fault I replied, " Doctor put me on light duties to stop you lot stressing me out"

Same hours next week, 7am - 10am £410 for 15hrs work, I can do this for a long time !
Take all the courage you have left
And waste it on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Stick to your guns lad
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

1 year ago

Good job your in the union M .Get well soon.