Brexit

Political Debate
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

Anyone got any strong feelings about this?
Read somewhere that the latest poll had 54% in favour of leaving. Mind, it was probably a Daily Mail poll... :-B
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Pfft... there are much bigger issues that you and I won't have a say in, any more than we'll have a say in this...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

Was just wondering what the general feeling was - do folks back in Old Blighty reckon Britain will stay in or exit? As a Brit living in the EU, I do have a bit of a vested interest in what happens.
FuB
Legend

2 years ago

swampash wrote:Was just wondering what the general feeling was - do folks back in Old Blighty reckon Britain will stay in or exit? As a Brit living in the EU, I do have a bit of a vested interest in what happens.
Likewise... how long have you been living out of the UK, swampash? i.e. is it less than the 15 years which would allow you to vote?
I may be able to fix a forum but I can't fix a fuckwit
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

I reckon we'll stay... the Government wants to give the appearance that the voters have a say, but big money wants the freedom of the global market... The Euro Zone is really just a stepping stone to free trade everywhere... I think it's taking much longer than was expected, but they've been working on this for decades... the ultimate aim is a one world currency, and the freedom to move business to where the resources are, the labour is cheapest, and the markets are strongest...

Another thing that occurred to me on the drive back from Scotland... these new driverless taxis they're introducing... how long before we see driverless lorries???

It would be the ideal situation to have a driver, who doesn't need sleep, and doesn't stop, except for fuel/recharge... now many truckers will be put out of work?

Within 10 years...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

This is a post from Laz...

"Crossing the border over here everyday would make life a pain in the hole again. I don't see them pulling out, the last thing Britian needs is to stand even more alone in the world. It'll probably go like the Scotland Ref.

As for the driverless taxis I haven't seen much about them, but i talked to a guy who works for a company developing a software system that all cars will run, that limits the speed your car will drive at so that you can't beat the speed limit on any given road. That sounds fucking awful."

And my reply...

Can't see that happening... driving down a country road, behind a tractor or slow driver, and you need to overtake?...

But yeah... they're trialing the driverless taxis now... I'm convinced the driverless freight transport is next... it would save business billions...

Sorry Coop... I was replying to your post, quoted it, replied, and somehow fucked it up... not sure how...but ended up deleting the fuckin thing...

I couldn't "undo" it... but back-paged until I could copy and paste...

sorry mate... must do better...

:(
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:This is a post from Laz...

"Crossing the border over here everyday would make life a pain in the hole again. I don't see them pulling out, the last thing Britian needs is to stand even more alone in the world. It'll probably go like the Scotland Ref.

As for the driverless taxis I haven't seen much about them, but i talked to a guy who works for a company developing a software system that all cars will run, that limits the speed your car will drive at so that you can't beat the speed limit on any given road. That sounds fucking awful."

And my reply...

Can't see that happening... driving down a country road, behind a tractor or slow driver, and you need to overtake?...

But yeah... they're trialing the driverless taxis now... I'm convinced the driverless freight transport is next... it would save business billions...

Sorry Coop... I was replying to your post, quoted it, replied, and somehow fucked it up... not sure how...but ended up deleting the fuckin thing...

I couldn't "undo" it... but back-paged until I could copy and paste...

sorry mate... must do better...

:(

Danni will be claiming your rampant censorship took you over again. Can't help yourself. :))

As for driving slow behind tractors and slow drivers, you've no idea, just spent 20 mins behind some old duffer driving a 20 mph and had no chance to pass him. The upside is i go with it now rather than nearly exploding.
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Get out to fuck, waste of money, non eu partners are gonna stop trading? Are they fuck.

Plus all the political correctness can go and fuck and peelers will be able to slap a scally oops upside the head. Done
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

I don't think the eu is the reason you can't hit people, Redz
swampash
Legend

2 years ago

FuB wrote:
swampash wrote:Was just wondering what the general feeling was - do folks back in Old Blighty reckon Britain will stay in or exit? As a Brit living in the EU, I do have a bit of a vested interest in what happens.
Likewise... how long have you been living out of the UK, swampash? i.e. is it less than the 15 years which would allow you to vote?
Yep, it will be 11 years this year. The Queen's speech included a lifetime vote bill, so I'm hoping that will come in well before I get to the 15 years. Incidentally, the idea that I should be disenfranchised by virtue of living abroad for 15 years really pisses me off, given that I also can't vote in the general elections here. What ever happened to 'no taxation without representation'?