Brexit

Political Debate
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Lazarus wrote:I had to go for my dla meeting today, got there and they had to cancel it because a nurse phoned in sick. It's fucking humiliating enough as it is and trying to not think about it and get worked up beforehand is hard.

I'd like to meet some of these people who are getting mobility for no reason. I've been through the process and have had to tell my story in detail then back it all up with medical reports and letters from my doctors. These people must be some actors with complicit doctors.

I filled in his form and sat in on the interview, why they not coming to you Laz??

I'm lucky, I got my esa via a phone call and guaranteed dla without ever speaking to anyone, but then I'd rather not be fucked tbf. Hospital finally after 3 years on Sunday, wish me luck!

Laz if you get dla you get mobility, you could say I'd love to meet these fuckers who get dla for no reason but I think as they take it out of the befit every 4,weeks, you are just leasing a car out of your dla money. But get them to come to you, how is it dla and not PIPP now mate?
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

So the EU has told May that her offer to EU citizens living in the UK is below EU expectations. So the easy first hurdle has been plowed into rather than jumped. This is a fucking mess.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

What is the score with the NI devolved government? Would the DUP have any reason for wanting direct rule?
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
Lazarus
Legend

1 year ago

swampash wrote:What is the score with the NI devolved government? Would the DUP have any reason for wanting direct rule?
Not really they want to be self governing. I can't see how any of this is good long term for the DUP, if good means they will be dragged into the light and their old bitter beliefs are highlighted then ok but they won't like that. Already they are under pressure about gay marriage. Also direct rule plays into SF hands, muddies the water and heightens tensions here, SF will manipulate any chance it gets to their ends. Also i believe this set of circumstances will divide the Loyalist vote again leaving room for SF to become the biggest party.
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
swampash
Legend

1 year ago

...interesting times. Thanks for the insight Laz.
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

Laz has it bang to rights, im gonna drink Smirnoff until bonfires are done
pint vulger
Legend

11 months ago

Labour change the strategy on Brexit by staying in the single market and that it entails ,which would be still a worse deal than we have now.
Second Ref on its way .
redzebs
Legend

11 months ago

Nah, because there would be too much of a backlash if it changed, do you have a tie breaker?

Need to just hurry the fuck up, 99p for €1, fuck off.
Robbo
Legend

11 months ago

redzebs wrote:Nah, because there would be too much of a backlash if it changed, do you have a tie breaker?

Need to just hurry the fuck up, 99p for €1, fuck off.
Íf they did have a second referendum then give all with a British passport a vote, I didn't even get one because I've lived in Germany over 15 Years, most things I do not need to vote not living there but as a British National living in Europe I should have had a say for this sort of thing.
-----------------------------------------------------
swampash
Legend

11 months ago

You are dead right Robbo. There were plans to introduce life long voting rights in the last parliament but I can't find any reference to it now.