Doctors strike

The original Den of Iniquity

Moderators: Alfonso Bedoya, brianofnazarethffs

Forum rules
User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11275
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:21 am

Re: Doctors strike

Postby redzebs » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service, all sorts of hours on normal pat nobody bats an eye lid, the fuckers will end up earning more than any other profession listed above so let them pay their dues first, what's the issue, no pay cuts, couple of extra hours the odd day but less hours and more money overall, how many other jobs would kill for that.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Doctors strike

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:14 pm

redzebs wrote:Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service, all sorts of hours on normal pat nobody bats an eye lid, the fuckers will end up earning more than any other profession listed above so let them pay their dues first, what's the issue, no pay cuts, couple of extra hours the odd day but less hours and more money overall, how many other jobs would kill for that.


Fuckin hell... you know I'm a rabid advocate for fair pay... I find it disgusting that one mans 8 hours can be worth 100 times as much as another mans 8 hours... bankers, city dealers, corporate heads, all earning 6/7 figure salaries... ridiculous... but when someone dedicates 7 years of their lives to study, so that they can be healers... I think that's worth a bit of consideration, don't you think?

For a so called working class bloke, you don't half make some strange arguments...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Doctors strike

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:17 pm

redzebs wrote:Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service, all sorts of hours on normal pat nobody bats an eye lid, the fuckers will end up earning more than any other profession listed above so let them pay their dues first, what's the issue, no pay cuts, couple of extra hours the odd day but less hours and more money overall, how many other jobs would kill for that.


And by the way... if you'd been paying attention, you'd notice that the "Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service", are for the most part, completely supportive of the junior doctors here... can you guess why???

Because they know, they're next!
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11275
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:21 am

Re: Doctors strike

Postby redzebs » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service, all sorts of hours on normal pat nobody bats an eye lid, the fuckers will end up earning more than any other profession listed above so let them pay their dues first, what's the issue, no pay cuts, couple of extra hours the odd day but less hours and more money overall, how many other jobs would kill for that.


And by the way... if you'd been paying attention, you'd notice that the "Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service", are for the most part, completely supportive of the junior doctors here... can you guess why???

Because they know, they're next!



I just think their demands are completely unreasonable and its a fair package, fuck me a 13% pay rise and less hours?

Plus the NHS has been fuckin shite from personal experience these last two years so I admit that probably plays a part. Got referred last week for immediate referral, got a letter saying listen it might be five months so if you want to just leave it and see your GP again that's great. It was patronising as fuck, hard to feel sorry for junior doctors when senior doctors are as much use as a handbrake in a canoe and I've been waiting two years to see a specialist who knows what the fuck is wrong, so yeah, good package, fair deal, fuck em
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18255
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Doctors strike

Postby Sid » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:08 am

redzebs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
redzebs wrote:Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service, all sorts of hours on normal pat nobody bats an eye lid, the fuckers will end up earning more than any other profession listed above so let them pay their dues first, what's the issue, no pay cuts, couple of extra hours the odd day but less hours and more money overall, how many other jobs would kill for that.


And by the way... if you'd been paying attention, you'd notice that the "Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service", are for the most part, completely supportive of the junior doctors here... can you guess why???

Because they know, they're next!



I just think their demands are completely unreasonable and its a fair package, fuck me a 13% pay rise and less hours?

Plus the NHS has been fuckin shite from personal experience these last two years so I admit that probably plays a part. Got referred last week for immediate referral, got a letter saying listen it might be five months so if you want to just leave it and see your GP again that's great. It was patronising as fuck, hard to feel sorry for junior doctors when senior doctors are as much use as a handbrake in a canoe and I've been waiting two years to see a specialist who knows what the fuck is wrong, so yeah, good package, fair deal, fuck em

It's not the docs fault the NHS is going to shit though is it, that you can't get an appointment within 5 months. Your anger is misdirected. It's not like the docs are refusing to see people so they can sit around doing fuck all. They're stressed out to fuck, that much is clear when you see em. For more proof look at these news stories of doctor's making dangerous yet basic mistakes because they're working too many hours for their minds and bodies to stay focussed.

You want to be careful about what you say about the NHS n all. You're working class and you'll be fucked without it. You/we have to make it work because we can't afford medical bills. There's no alternative

User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18255
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Doctors strike

Postby Sid » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 am

redzebs wrote:Police, ambulance service, prison service, fire service, all sorts of hours on normal pat nobody bats an eye lid, the fuckers will end up earning more than any other profession listed above so let them pay their dues first, what's the issue, no pay cuts, couple of extra hours the odd day but less hours and more money overall, how many other jobs would kill for that.

Yes they do. They've all taken action in recent years except plod, and they've all been roundly supported by the general public. These institutions are all asking for more, for better conditions, because they're all being shat on. And like Alf says they all support the doctor's.

Plod haven't kicked off because they're the ones who enforce the government cuts which are turning these professions to shit. They're the ones who're sent in to break up illegal strikes and get them back to work, who beat up the students when they said no, the disabled people when they said no etc.

User avatar
redzebs
Legend
Posts: 11275
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:21 am

Re: Doctors strike

Postby redzebs » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:37 am

No one, even on the radio debates I've been following, has been able to answer any of the questions I want to know, ie what's the fuckin problem?

Are you getting more money, yes, is it a decent increase, yes

Will you work less hours, yes

Will you possibly be inconvenienced the odd day or night by two hours, possibly, well the needs of the country are changing and this is what a junior Doctors job description is and you'll be set for life fom about 5 years onwards so fuck up.

I can understand other public services that serve the community as listed above, they work more shifts and unless they reach the top of their profession have no mission of earning what a Doctor earns, fair enough, more student loans, more training etc. for Doctors.

But the deal on the table as portrayed to me by any media source so far looks great. And no one has been able to argue why it's bad to me yet.

It's like the fuckin tube strikes, threw the toys completely out of the pram, they earn twice as much as bus drivers who get abused to fuck and actually imho have the harder of the two jobs, you can't apply to be a tube driver either, it's all in house shite, which in the private sector would be called Tory wankers jobs for the boys, but because it's the London Transport Union and left of centre, it's time to back the drivers.

Load of shite. Impose the contracts and fuck them if they don't want to take a reality check or being inconvenienced by having to work an extra few hours at the weekend so it interferes with a night out, fuck em.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.

User avatar
danniitronix
Legend
Posts: 1514
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Re: Doctors strike

Postby danniitronix » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:21 am

redzebs wrote:No one, even on the radio debates I've been following, has been able to answer any of the questions I want to know, ie what's the fuckin problem?

Are you getting more money, yes, is it a decent increase, yes

Will you work less hours, yes

Will you possibly be inconvenienced the odd day or night by two hours, possibly, well the needs of the country are changing and this is what a junior Doctors job description is and you'll be set for life fom about 5 years onwards so fuck up.

I can understand other public services that serve the community as listed above, they work more shifts and unless they reach the top of their profession have no mission of earning what a Doctor earns, fair enough, more student loans, more training etc. for Doctors.

But the deal on the table as portrayed to me by any media source so far looks great. And no one has been able to argue why it's bad to me yet.

It's like the fuckin tube strikes, threw the toys completely out of the pram, they earn twice as much as bus drivers who get abused to fuck and actually imho have the harder of the two jobs, you can't apply to be a tube driver either, it's all in house shite, which in the private sector would be called Tory wankers jobs for the boys, but because it's the London Transport Union and left of centre, it's time to back the drivers.

Load of shite. Impose the contracts and fuck them if they don't want to take a reality check or being inconvenienced by having to work an extra few hours at the weekend so it interferes with a night out, fuck em.


You're unbeatable on this form. :ymapplause:

User avatar
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend
Posts: 13446
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 am

Re: Doctors strike

Postby Alfonso Bedoya » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:45 am

redzebs wrote:No one, even on the radio debates I've been following, has been able to answer any of the questions I want to know, ie what's the fuckin problem?

Are you getting more money, yes, is it a decent increase, yes

Will you work less hours, yes

Will you possibly be inconvenienced the odd day or night by two hours, possibly, well the needs of the country are changing and this is what a junior Doctors job description is and you'll be set for life fom about 5 years onwards so fuck up.

I can understand other public services that serve the community as listed above, they work more shifts and unless they reach the top of their profession have no mission of earning what a Doctor earns, fair enough, more student loans, more training etc. for Doctors.

But the deal on the table as portrayed to me by any media source so far looks great. And no one has been able to argue why it's bad to me yet.

It's like the fuckin tube strikes, threw the toys completely out of the pram, they earn twice as much as bus drivers who get abused to fuck and actually imho have the harder of the two jobs, you can't apply to be a tube driver either, it's all in house shite, which in the private sector would be called Tory wankers jobs for the boys, but because it's the London Transport Union and left of centre, it's time to back the drivers.

Load of shite. Impose the contracts and fuck them if they don't want to take a reality check or being inconvenienced by having to work an extra few hours at the weekend so it interferes with a night out, fuck em.


So... of the 2 arguments... you believe Hunt?

That's you sorted...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."

User avatar
Sid
Legend
Posts: 18255
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Doctors strike

Postby Sid » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:20 am

The deal you've read in the media... That's the problem. I can't answer your quesion because I've read something different from what you've read, Redz. There's so much spin and bullshit who knows what the truth is.

I just support anyone who wants better pay and conditions. Fair fucks to em. Solidarity, not jealousy, bitching, splitting us up. When it's my time I hope they'll support me, and I know they will tbf.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who Is Online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Birthday

No birthdays today

Contact Us