Frampton

Discuss other sports here
Steggo
Legend

2 years ago

just read a report on the Khan fight. I don't particularly like boxing but this paragraph from the report puzzled me-'The fight threatened to turn when, in the third round and in the smaller ring that suited Alvarez's attempts to limit Khan's space, the 25-year-old champion began to find his range with the powerful left hook he repeatedly threw'.

I would have thought all rings would have to be the same size or is there a minimum and maximum size they can be?And who decides the size of the ring? Seems it can be used as an advantage,just as Blackburn used to alter the size of their pitch,depending on the opposition.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Steggo wrote:just read a report on the Khan fight. I don't particularly like boxing but this paragraph from the report puzzled me-'The fight threatened to turn when, in the third round and in the smaller ring that suited Alvarez's attempts to limit Khan's space, the 25-year-old champion began to find his range with the powerful left hook he repeatedly threw'.

I would have thought all rings would have to be the same size or is there a minimum and maximum size they can be?And who decides the size of the ring? Seems it can be used as an advantage,just as Blackburn used to alter the size of their pitch,depending on the opposition.
Different countries, different titles, different ring sizes...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

Mayweather v McGregor is what we want tbf
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Lazarus
Legend

2 years ago

Khan got knocked the fuck out!!!
"NO BILL POSTERS" [-X
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Lazarus wrote:Khan got knocked the fuck out!!!
It was a stupid fight to take... outweighed by over 10 pounds...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Brave though, and Kahn posed Canelo a lot of problems with his hand speed and movement
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

2 years ago

Sid wrote:Brave though, and Kahn posed Canelo a lot of problems with his hand speed and movement
Yeah, but he wasn't hurting him, and would have wilted under the body shots in time...
Sid
Legend

2 years ago

Yeah tbf

Tbf it was his last shot at a box office fight. He's done now. Remember all the hype when he first came on to the scene? It's helped him earn a shitload of money (he's in the top 10 richest sportsmen under 30), but he's not the fighter we hoped he would be
redzebs
Legend

2 years ago

It's his arrogance after it, saying I can the big names so I won't fight certain fighters beneath me, in other words I'll let a big name knock me out for a few mill but I'm not making a cunt out of myself for an average purse
redzebs
Legend

1 year ago

The Jackals ready for tomorrow night