Brexit and Football

Non-United football chat
Robbo
Legend

4 years ago

According to this article if Britain goes ahead then up to 100 Premier League players could lose their right to play, thoughts on this a good thing or is it just propaganda to try and sway people.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35919247
-----------------------------------------------------
swampash
Legend

4 years ago

I think you'll find the BBC thought there were only 30 days in March and this was supposed to be their April Fools Day story...
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits...
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Aye, out to fuck anyway
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
pint vulger
Legend

4 years ago

There is as much chance of LVG winning manager of the year than there is a Brexit.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

China aims to become football superpower 'by 2050'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36015657

They're going to steal the players we stole
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:China aims to become football superpower 'by 2050'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-36015657

They're going to steal the players we stole
2050??? Haha... he's got an optimistic view on the world, doesn't he?
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Tbf Alf China were a joke when it came to international sports, then they got their shit together, formulated a grand plan, threw shitloads of money at it and 10/15 years later started getting results at the Olympics. They compete in a shitload of disciplines now and bring in hundreds of medals.

If they commit to football like they have done the Olmypics then they will become a powerhouse, no question about that
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Tbf Alf China were a joke when it came to international sports, then they got their shit together, formulated a grand plan, threw shitloads of money at it and 10/15 years later started getting results at the Olympics. They compete in a shitload of disciplines now and bring in hundreds of medals.

If they commit to football like they have done the Olmypics then they will become a powerhouse, no question about that
Sid... I've seen programs about how China achieved some of their sporting success... it's fuckin shameful... state sponsored doping, grueling regimens forced on children who show any ability, to grind them into world beaters if they can cut it, and discard them if they can't... the "grand plan", that they implemented in the build up to their Olympics was a disgrace... nothing to do with sport, it was all about promoting the Chinese ideology...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah, it won't be pretty. It will be brutal. Professional sport is brutal tbf. I remember one of the class of 92 coaches telling a story about how his wife was ashamed at how they treat the kids. They were ruthless with em, super aggressive. It's abuse, pure and simple.

But aye state sponsored doping goes on in most countries, not just China. That report that nailed Russia - the most interesting thing about it was that it goes on elsewhere, almost definitely the UK and definitely the US. All the big countries are at it.

The Chinese state has decided that it's worth investing in football for the money and for the image. It serves them well politically. It makes them the centre of the world of the biggest sport. And if they put their mind to it, they'll achieve it.

Thing is America has said the same thing since the 60s/70s, that they're going to become the centre of the world for football, after they lured Pele and all the rest out there. And it didn't happen. But they were doing it for the same economic and political reasons as the Chinese, only it's more acceptable when they do it.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e ... m-36057947

"Speaking in Washington, Chancellor George Osborne said it was the "overwhelming view" of foreign governments and international institutions such as the IMF and Nato that the UK should remain."

That, right there, is enough to get my "out" vote... if it's what cunts like that want, it can't be good for the lower/working class...