Brexit and Football

Non-United football chat
Davel
Legend

4 years ago

what part of the eu is russia/ is the ukraine even turkey and the swizz they all play in the CL
so more boring in lies.
marlon
Legend

4 years ago

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/marcotti-m ... ts-players

No big impact except no more poaching kids from europe. not a bad thing.
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

pint vulger wrote:There is as much chance of LVG winning manager of the year than there is a Brexit.
You were right on the one point that really does not matter .
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Fuck sake Israels in UEFA, I think geographically we are safe. Not really getting all this shit about foreign players. Some pundit was on about work permits and the connotations, surely it'll be easier now, a club wants to sign a foreign player who'll be on big wages no matter if it's the premier league or the championship, compared to the average wage, it's going to be higher, they are skilled high earners who will pay there way, any UK relevant authority will auto stamp that fuckin work permit no sweat, I think it'll expedite things for us and, in some cases, surely might give us an advantage if it works efficiently. The only thing is when we are selling to Europe and the player doesn't have permission yet as he's come from say South America straight to us, and we are selling to Wolfsburg for example, surely they just need to go through the same procedure they do now, and once that's done, they can spend a career on the continent, moving around the EU bloc with no restraints??
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

What happens to our role in UEFA now then. Do the FA stand alone as an authority like many have always wanted to? But what will happen if we're not "at the table". And will we need inviting back into the CL, Euros, Euro Champinship?
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:What happens to our role in UEFA now then. Do the FA stand alone as an authority like many have always wanted to? But what will happen if we're not "at the table". And will we need inviting back into the CL, Euros, Euro Champinship?

I don't think there is any connection between the political status of a footballing nation that competes in the Euros? Again, Israel are part of UEFA and Russia etc.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.