Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

6 years ago

theyve got a fucking warrior in that gabbi but they arent half a team of fucking cynical twats tbf managed by a slimey gobshite
lkhm

hoofing
LurganRed
First Teamer

6 years ago

I know there's a serious Ronny love in amongst Ranters but..........

For me imho he's a flat track bully, tonight sum's him up he kicks teams when they're down. While I appreciate what he did for Utd, I've always found it hard to warm to the fella, apart from his header in Moscow can you really say he's turned it on when the biggest stage???

I'd also point out that when Utd played the Fascists 2 season's ago, Giggsy marked him out of the game at Old Trafford till his mate threw Madrid a life line. Again he comes alive when teams are weak.

I've never been comfortably with the posing, pouting and bullshite that comes along with him.

I'd take Messi any day of the week, when was the last time you seen Messi dive??

Also he can keep breaking scoring records all he likes, but to be argued to be the greatest of all time you have to do it all the biggest stages, like Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Platini, Brazilian Ronaldo etc etc.

No doubt most will disagree with me, so I await the backlash...........
Football...........Bloody Hell!!!- SAF 26th May 1999 Camp Nou Barcelona

I am not a Man, I AM CANTONA- Eric Cantona Looking For Eric
RedFish
Reserves

6 years ago

LurganRed wrote:I know there's a serious Ronny love in amongst Ranters but..........

For me imho he's a flat track bully, tonight sum's him up he kicks teams when they're down. While I appreciate what he did for Utd, I've always found it hard to warm to the fella, apart from his header in Moscow can you really say he's turned it on when the biggest stage???

I'd also point out that when Utd played the Fascists 2 season's ago, Giggsy marked him out of the game at Old Trafford till his mate threw Madrid a life line. Again he comes alive when teams are weak.

I've never been comfortably with the posing, pouting and bullshite that comes along with him.

I'd take Messi any day of the week, when was the last time you seen Messi dive??

Also he can keep breaking scoring records all he likes, but to be argued to be the greatest of all time you have to do it all the biggest stages, like Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Platini, Brazilian Ronaldo etc etc.

I'm with you on this one. Never liked his 'look at me' antics. Sooooo many examples. For instance in the champions league final v chelsea when he was lying on the floor by himself....such a drama queen..loving the limelight is ok but he milks it to the extreme - it's embarassing.......lacks class imho.......still, fucking good footballer though....Just fancies himself too much!! lol
RedFish
Reserves

6 years ago

Im sure Zidane's still the boss in training....wish we could see him play against these prima donnas!
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

LurganRed wrote:I know there's a serious Ronny love in amongst Ranters but..........

I don't think he's a flat-track bully, but he does act the gobshite. Don't know though, still can't hate him for it. Come back, ronny, come back!
bman2
Legend

6 years ago

RedFish wrote:Im sure Zidane's still the boss in training....wish we could see him play against these prima donnas!
Met Zidane on a flight to Algeria once, he was a classy bloke. Shook hands with the whole plane basically. I've got a lot of time for him on account of that. Brilliant player too, obviously.
Sid
Legend

6 years ago

Messi is the most arrogant whining dressing room bullying Xavi Iniesta shit talking sulking prick in football. He's unbearable. And he dives as much as everybody else. There are a few videos you can find quite easily. And there's the one Neville showed when he did his thing on diving.

This idea that he's the antidote to Ronaldo; the quiet genius, the none show off, the one who just gets on with it, who plays for the team not himself... absolute cock. Fabricated lazy journalist PR cock.

Ronaldo just embraces his arrogance and lives it like a rockstar. He trolls people n all, and people miss it, like in the new Nike advert. Messi doesn't have the personality to do that, he's dry.

As for showboating and arrogance... If Ronaldo did half the shit George Best used to do on the pitch - taking his boot off to kick the ball, heading it over the line - the world of football would be up in arms, hysterical, because we're fannies who love to get outraged at bullshit
redzebs
Legend

6 years ago

Sid wrote:

Messi is the most arrogant whining dressing room bullying Xavi Iniesta shit talking sulking prick in football. He's unbearable. And he dives as much as everybody else. There are a few videos you can find quite easily. And there's the one Neville showed when he did his thing on diving.

This idea that he's the antidote to Ronaldo; the quiet genius, the none show off, the one who just gets on with it, who plays for the team not himself... absolute cock. Fabricated lazy journalist PR cock.

Ronaldo just embraces his arrogance and lives it like a rockstar. He trolls people n all, and people miss it, like in the new Nike advert. Messi doesn't have the personality to do that, he's dry.

As for showboating and arrogance... If Ronaldo did half the shit George Best used to do on the pitch - taking his boot off to kick the ball, heading it over the line - the world of football would be up in arms, hysterical, because we're fannies who love to get outraged at bullshit

Exactly, Ronaldo has a big ego on the pitch but he's a top bloke off it with charity work etc, plus have you ever seen him blank a fan or heard a story about him not signing an autograph for example, as for the flat track bully shite, how many times did he get us out of the shit when we weren't playing that well or turn a game on its head? A LOT. He scored our opener in Moscow, dont think Chelsea were weak at that point, remember the Porto goal? Dont think they were particulary vulnerable from 40 yards when he hit that from a standing start, he's a fuckin legend, he's proven himself in two of the major leagues in the world, one being probably the most physical in the prem, getting journey men from lower teams trying to kick the shit out of him but not being able to get near him.

Messi can do one, great player, but everything's been built round him, Ronaldo has adapted and improved and adapted and I proved, best in the world.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
dozer
Legend

6 years ago

^^^ nail on fucking head.
sheesh

6 years ago

That shite about Ronaldo being a flat track bully is the sort of nonsense ABU's used to come up with when he was playing in England. Did his performances against Bayern Munich this season count for nothing then? What about when he destroyed Arsenal in the Champions League whilst playing for United? I can't be arsed to go on.

Sid's right about Messi too. I'd take Ronaldo every single time. He is worshipped at United even now and rightly so.

Messi never dives? OK.

As for the point about comparing him with the likes of Pele and Maradona, when you talk about playing on the biggest stages, I assume you mean at international level. Most of the players you're talking about played for countries with strong track records of winning trophies. Cruyff was part of a Dutch team that was widely regarded as one of the finest to never win the World Cup and had a great manager. Surely your argument looks worse on Messi who has arguably had better players to play with than Ronaldo has? How many World Cups has he won? People generally regard Argentina as among the favourites every time there is a World Cup. I don't agree with your fundamental point anyway because there could be a number of reasons why certain players don't shine at international level and others do. Some managers get the best out of players and are great in that respect, others don't. Also players like George Best didn't get much chance to shine at international level. Is he not a great player then?

I'm not saying Messi is shit. Not at all. I just hate it when people use him as an excuse to have a go at Ronaldo.