Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
senna
Star Man

1-3
marlon
Legend

It's only Burnley, but Matic-Oscar-Fabregas looks just as good as it sounds.
Neil
Reserves

marlon wrote:It's only Burnley, but Matic-Oscar-Fabregas looks just as good as it sounds.
Who'd have thought that signing good central midfielders and putting them in their rightful positions would make a good midfield... I'm a big fan of Matic, and Fabregas as we know is world class.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but those three were purchased for roughly the same collective price as Fellaini + Mata... ?
senna
Star Man

Neil wrote:
marlon wrote:It's only Burnley, but Matic-Oscar-Fabregas looks just as good as it sounds.
Who'd have thought that signing good central midfielders and putting them in their rightful positions would make a good midfield... I'm a big fan of Matic, and Fabregas as we know is world class.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but those three were purchased for roughly the same collective price as Fellaini + Mata... ?
You could have Fabregas/Matic/Oscar for the same price of Mata/Fellaini
RobDiablo
First Teamer

senna wrote:
Neil wrote:... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but those three were purchased for roughly the same collective price as Fellaini + Mata... ?
But in order to do so, you'd have to know what the fuck you were doing, which Woodworm clearly does not.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

senna wrote:
Neil wrote:

Kill me now
lars072
Star Man

senna wrote:
Neil wrote:

And Kroos was £20m as well. What the...
Neil
Reserves

The transfer market is tough, we know it is. Chelsea and City have a "disposable" mentality with players because they can afford for up to half of their signings to fail miserably, they just ship them out and then try again the next season.

But I just don't understand how so many potential targets have been and gone, while we've only signed one good central midfielder in 7 years. Herrera hasn't set the world alight yet but he will come good and will shine if he plays alongside top quality players. Maybe we could have gone for Fernando, a consistently effective defensive midfielder? Seemed like good value as well.

I know you guys put forward the signing of Strootman a year ago and turns out that would have been an amazing signing for us. I guess his value has more than doubled in 12 months? Any prospect of signing big established names just doesn't seem like it works consistently at United, we need to put the hard work in and buy players before they have ridiculous price tags.

Most of our best signings in the last 10 years were players with potential to improve, whether it be Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Ronaldo, Hernandez (before he lost form).

As far as I can tell, Woodward is naive and is behaving like a 17 year old in his first week as a rookie car salesman, he doesn't know the market at all and he gets distracted by the shiniest cars, hoodwinked left, right and centre by experienced opponents. Everyone in the business is taking the piss out of him, who else would have paid £37m for Mata, who was out of favour and out of form at the time? And the Fellaini saga was well documented. The fee for Shaw, and his wages (almost double what Januzaj is on, who is a better player than Shaw is at the moment) were inflated... Woodward's not cut out for this role and that is what is going to sink us.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

remember absolute twats telling us fabregas wasnt a midfielder
lkhm

hoofing
Dosdamt
First Teamer

lkhmffsstopmovingabout wrote:remember absolute twats telling us fabregas wasnt a midfielder
Yeah hahaha. Fucking hell. Bad times.