Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
redzebs
Legend

Yesssssssss!!! Class delivery from one of our ex kids, Norwood
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Sid wrote:Are you watching England
Come on Sid... do you really think Wales at second is a genuine placing in the world rankings???

Hey fuck you!! Don't try and belittle Wales! We've never been on a run like this and could qualify for our first major since 1958! Wales will be where ever the placing puts them! Like all the other teams on the list!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

brianofnazarethffs wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Come on Sid... do you really think Wales at second is a genuine placing in the world rankings???

Hey fuck you!! Don't try and belittle Wales! We've never been on a run like this and could qualify for our first major since 1958! Wales will be where ever the placing puts them! Like all the other teams on the list!
Haha... wind your neck in Brian... I wasn't having a go at Wales... I hope they have a great tournament... just pointing out how fucked up the ranking system is... do you really think Wales should rank higher than Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy???
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
brianofnazarethffs
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Haha... wind your neck in Brian... I wasn't having a go at Wales... I hope they have a great tournament... just pointing out how fucked up the ranking system is... do you really think Wales should rank higher than Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy???
Ha! Was only joking mate!

It is fucked up and I'm surprised people still take notice of it. Just funny how when a small team like Wales gets anywhere people come out and say how wrong it is!
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

NQAT's official saviour, International Lovemaker to the Stars and prince of cunts
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:

Ha! Was only joking mate!

It is fucked up and I'm surprised people still take notice of it. Just funny how when a small team like Wales gets anywhere people come out and say how wrong it is!
Not just Wales Mate... look at some of the teams England has been ahead of the past 20 years... in fact, if you had a world cup right now, and took the legitimate top 20 teams out... I bet England still couldn't win it...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."
tom
Reserves

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Not just Wales Mate... look at some of the teams England has been ahead of the past 20 years... in fact, if you had a world cup right now, and took the legitimate top 20 teams out... I bet England still couldn't win it...
It's an interesting thought exercise, thinking about how weak a tournament you'd have to have before you'd be confident in an England win. I think you could exclude all 32 that qualified last time and they'd struggle against whatever teams were left in that pool.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

tom wrote:
Alfonso Bedoya wrote:Not just Wales Mate... look at some of the teams England has been ahead of the past 20 years... in fact, if you had a world cup right now, and took the legitimate top 20 teams out... I bet England still couldn't win it...
It's an interesting thought exercise, thinking about how weak a tournament you'd have to have before you'd be confident in an England win. I think you could exclude all 32 that qualified last time and they'd struggle against whatever teams were left in that pool.
Actually, maybe not... for me, one Englands biggest problems for the past 20 years, has been a weak confidence, and a losers mentality, especially against top teams... take all the obviously better teams out, and they'd probably play with a bit of swagger... pitiful, but I think true...
redzebs
Legend

Alfonso Bedoya wrote:
tom wrote:
Actually, maybe not... for me, one Englands biggest problems for the past 20 years, has been a weak confidence, and a losers mentality, especially against top teams... take all the obviously better teams out, and they'd probably play with a bit of swagger... pitiful, but I think true...
Totally, look at us, Wales have Bale and Ramsey among others, we have a load (weirdly but proudly enough) of ex United players, Norwood, Cathcart, both Evans brothers, Roy Carroll, then we have a few prem stars and some championship players, our talisman is Kyle Lafferty!

We might make mistakes but we keep it simple, defend together, get the ball into the box at crosses and set pieces and you'll score, we just keep the ball better now and are more composed, which is as a result of Michael O'Neills hard work.

When we previously nearly qualified with Healy upfront, beat England Spain Denmark Sweden, drew with a Ronaldo led Portugal, it was a roller coaster because everytime we got the ball in our half we just got rid.

I think your right Alf, but we've been saying it for years, the England manager will always shite himself when not picking/dropping players from the big clubs, thats why Vardy and Ings and Austin etc etc will get 3 or 4 caps in their lifetime against the shite teams. The only time he'll pick a few players from other teams is if they are tipped to be the next big thing like Stones and Barkley then the press will say its a brave move. Its a fuckin joke really.
redzebs
Legend

Destiny time!

6 reds/former reds in the squad. Get in.
redzebs
Legend

Hungry shiting it here