Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Red legend
Star Man

4 years ago

marlon wrote:

"Since Liverpool last won the league, United signed schmeichel, who won it 5 times, retired and had a son who's about to win it"
:D
Steggo
Legend

4 years ago

Fair play to the Liverpool fans for their walk out.Man city had their own protest but their fans left their seats before the game had started.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

Yeah just seen the highlights and there were a shitload of empty seats at the Oilands. That was a top of the table clash as well. Un fucking believable

They still stuggle for fans yet apparently their turnover is near 400 mil? Bag of shite. That money isn't coming from the gate
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:Yeah just seen the highlights and there were a shitload of empty seats at the Oilands. That was a top of the table clash as well. Un fucking believable

They still stuggle for fans yet apparently their turnover is near 400 mil? Bag of shite. That money isn't coming from the gate
Huge match and loads of empty seats, it'll take them years until kids grow up now and start supporting City, 20,000 extra seats, be half full half the time.
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
Sid
Legend

4 years ago

United are shite but they're still getting 70 odd thou through the gates to see 3 shots a game

I think people are aware that it's a bit fucking false with City. Some of their fans are aware of it too, like Ricky Hatton. He said he prefers the old City, before the middle eastern billions. The identity, the experience, atmosphere, feeling they gave you was authentic. Now it feels like the fans are losing touch with their club. It's become a global monster with no ethics, like United. The atmosphere is shit and the experience is manufactured. And once they're getting 60 odd thou through the gate consistently, the owners will start shitting on the fans big time. They've already started to when they reorganised the entire seating plan without consultation.
redzebs
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:United are shite but they're still getting 70 odd thou through the gates to see 3 shots a game

I think people are aware that it's a bit fucking false with City. Some of their fans are aware of it too, like Ricky Hatton. He said he prefers the old City, before the middle eastern billions. The identity, the experience, atmosphere, feeling they gave you was authentic. Now it feels like the fans are losing touch with their club. It's become a global monster with no ethics, like United. The atmosphere is shit and the experience is manufactured. And once they're getting 60 odd thou through the gate consistently, the owners will start shitting on the fans big time. They've already started to when they reorganised the entire seating plan without consultation.

Yeah even though they've been pimpin out the Gallaghers, I think they were on about Maine Road as well
Well I suppose that's the knighthood fucked.
danniitronix
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote:United are shite but they're still getting 70 odd thou through the gates to see 3 shots a game

Missing the deeper point. If we had 80,000 capacity we would fill it up. Fans have changed as the game has changed. You see the games now and most people are on watsapp and taking selfies. Fans have more dosh and pitch up with their stone island and iPhone 6s to be part of the brand. Football is ancillary to the occasion and the event.

Your blinded by nostalgia and your own conception of what is right. It's bollocks. When the hundreds and thousands who pay week in and week out to be bored to death start walking, fair johns. They don't. Waiting lists are higher, prices increase and mor merchandise is sold.

Why do you think with sky sports player, you even need to go to a game? You don't. You go to the game for the craic, your mates and so you can tell your mate in Peru via on snapchat that you are at United. If I wanted just the game, thenI could steal a stream.

If however I want to show my social network how cool I look in my Armani stone Lacoste outside the gates of the Emirates, etihad or old toilet, then I need to pitch up to the game.
captainhormone
Star Man

4 years ago

Again, in his own style danni is right to a degree
Lkhm

Hoofing

Quality Red.
sheesh
Legend

4 years ago

Sid wrote: I think people are aware that it's a bit fucking false with City. Some of their fans are aware of it too, like Ricky Hatton. He said he prefers the old City, before the middle eastern billions. The identity, the experience, atmosphere, feeling they gave you was authentic. Now it feels like the fans are losing touch with their club. It's become a global monster with no ethics, like United. The atmosphere is shit and the experience is manufactured. And once they're getting 60 odd thou through the gate consistently, the owners will start shitting on the fans big time. They've already started to when they reorganised the entire seating plan without consultation.
It really is a strange one. I think there's talk of expanding the etihad, but they can't fill their stadium capacity as it is.

They have a strong support base in Manchester (although they're nowhere near as well supported as United), and you think their recent success would bring in more daytrippers.

Even when they were dogshit and hanging around the lower divisions, they were really well supported.

Anyway, fuck 'em.
Alfonso Bedoya
Legend

4 years ago

captainhormone wrote:Again, in his own style danni is right to a degree
No he's fuckin not!

The cud chewing crowd he's talking about is still the minority... it is getting the way he says, but it's still miles from there yet... the majority are still good fans, spending hard earned cash... take a good look when the camera pans around the crowd... still mostly working class people, who are getting sick of being fleeced by greedy owners... they go, because they love United, and have committed a good wedge on a season ticket to go... and they know that if they give up that season ticket, they'll struggle to get it back, because like gobshite says, there's a waiting list... the owners know they've got the fans by the nuts, and they're exploiting them for it... but gobshites ideas about "plastic, brand hunting fans, only going cause they want to be seen at the game"... he's talking about the tourists, and his own smarmy ilk, who weigh everything in pocket change and whether they've got the latest i-toss... that lot is gobshite to a "T"... but, the majority at "Old Trafford" are still season ticket holders... good people...

And by the way... it is "Old Trafford", you ugly fuck, not "old toilet", that's what the gobshites from other teams call it... not that he'd care... too busy trying appear "above" the "old toilet" crowd... "I'm well hard me, I don't follow the crowd, they've got some misguided, sentimental, respect for the club they follow, not me, I'm cool see, I call it "old toilet", like the Scousers, that makes me look rock hard, grrr"...
"Badges, to god-damned hell with badges! We have no badges. In fact, we don't need badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges, you god-damned cabrón and ching' tu madre! Come out from that shit-hole of yours. I have to speak to you."