Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Sid wrote: 5 years ago Yeah Barca don't appoint big names who've won everything and they do alright
True. Its not a singular thing though - they also get their recruitment and surrounding infrastructure correct. The playing style, training methods etc stay fairly consistent. You'd never see them signing a Fellaini or a Lukaku.

There's no reason why Solskjaer can't be successful in the long term, but the bigger thing for us to nail is ensuring that our playing and footballing philosophy is absolutely nailed down, permanently. If we're going to use the likes of Pep as an example of younger, newer coaches being successful then they need to be armed with a plethora of technically gifted and tactically adept footballers. We need more Martials, Rashfords etc, and fewer Lukaku's and Joneses. We need to take recruitment seriously and ONLY sign players who fit the right template for how we want to play.
dozer
Legend

We have signed managers with a history of winning trophies and they've not delivered here.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Agree with both of you

We've tried an unsung hero in Moyes, an old legend in Gaal, a top manager with a brilliant but outdated CV, and none of em have worked

The only thing we haven't tried is a homegrown manager. Like Ash says if they get right infrastructure behind him, it might work. He has the right team with Phelan whose done it all before, and Carrick whose popular with the players.
lkhmffsstopmovingabout
Legend

seen enough of sanco, a must signing like wayne and rio
lkhm

hoofing
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Shows you more young british players should go abroad
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Son is the best performing player in the Prem this season
sheesh
Legend

At the moment it's looking like a really tough call for the club between choosing Ole and Poch. Poch's Spurs team is showing a lot more resilience than you'd typically expect from a Spurs side, grinding out wins more consistently. I think Laz said, though, that Madrid will always be after him. That could be a problem.

Ole already knows the ins and outs of our squad, has himself shown that he can put together a string of wins. We do have some tough games to come, though. Chelsea away in the cup and at home in the league, Liverpool at home, Arsenal at home and City at home.

Whoever comes in, though, has to be given the money to spend. Also, we need to hurry up with this director of football/technical director appointment.

Agree with Sid about Son. He has been the standout player this season.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Gazprom v Abu Dhabi: an alternative guide to the Champions League ties

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... es-last-16
Lazarus
Legend

Slow your roll........

https://talksport.com/football/495552/m ... xt-season/

I'll keep posting here but i'll be supporting someone else........
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Lazarus wrote: 5 years ago Slow your roll........

https://talksport.com/football/495552/m ... xt-season/

I'll keep posting here but i'll be supporting someone else........
I like how the article just glosses over the fact he ordered a journalist to be drugged, chopped up while still alive then dissolved in acid

Fuck him and the saudis. He would be buying United purely to improve his image after the shit he's been up to. Kashoggi is just the one that got out. The west doesn't like him because he's wild, unpredictable. They want stability and reassurance to guarantee the oil keeps flowing. Owning the biggest club in the world helps legitimise him. It allows him to feed off our cred.

Charlton said Mourinho isn't the kind of character we want at United but fuck me he's smallfry compared to this lot.

I'm with you Laz, this would be massively depressing and I'd find it hard to follow United because you'd be taking part in the sportwashing. Also top flight football is becoming Gazprom v UAE v saudis v russian oligarch. It's a joke.