Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 5 years ago I think the quality of football at the moment is just not that high, and it's especially obvious when you look at the poor quality of the defending of even the top teams. Has the attacking football gotten much better? I'm not convinced that this season's Man City would have gotten much joy out of Evra, Vidic, Rio, and Neville, or out of Mourinho's original Chelsea or Benitez's Liverpool. Same goes for Liverpool, with the exception that in Salah they have a player playing out of his skin. City now are not nearly as good as Barca were when we were facing them in the CL.
I agree tbf. For me nobody will beat that Barca team. It was the best team football has ever seen. And that supports the argument that the standard isn't as high as it was in 2008, because Ferdinand, Vidic etc shut them down at Old Trafford brilliantly. So you'd assume they'd be able to handle the current City, Liverpool, Madrid and Barca teams.

I think the attacking quality is similar, it's more a case of shitter management. Like the game management from the players aka when to attack and sit off isn't as good. Liverpool and City need to go further in the CL more often to get that experience of how to win big games, like how we pissed our way to two european finals with Park and Valencia. It was a team that was lacking in quality but it knew what it had to do to win. It had an aura of inevitability that once we got ahead that was that.

It also comes down to management from the bosses. Klopp is too rock n roll. Last night he chose to twist rather than stick which was naive and could have cost em. The only time I can remember him playing more cautious was against us at Anfield. And Pep is struggling to get passed the quaters with top teams, so he needs a rethink.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sarri looks on for Chelsea

If City, Liverpool and Chelsea all play great attacking football next season can fuck off tbf
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

Liverpool have already added Keita. If they sign a quality keeper and another good centre back, they'll move up a level.

Chelsea will be stronger too. Arsenal will have the boost of a new gaffer. Spurs is an interesting one - if Poch goes, they might dip a bit. We should pillage 'em: Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Kane. Any one of them would improve us.
bman2
Legend

Keita and a good keeper ought to add a lot to Liverpool. On the other hand, if Salah only scores half as many goals, a lot of their magic disappears.

I get the sense we might sign Alderweireld.
Lazarus
Legend

Liverpool have been all over Chelsea, playing some great football and Giroud has just scored with their first real chance. Big header.....
"Respect! Respect! Respect Maan! Respect! Respect!........." [-X
marlon
Legend

Would be great if Liverpool lost the CL final and finished 5th. Real should be coming for Salah soon anyway
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Salah has scored more goals than Ronaldo did in his greatest season for us

Puts into perspective just how good he's been
Snoopcousins
Legend

Sid wrote: 5 years ago Salah has scored more goals than Ronaldo did in his greatest season for us

Puts into perspective just how good he's been
ONE good season he’s had

Or....are you saying he’s as good as Ronaldo?!!!
Halfway between the gutter and the stars

“I don't have any real proof and I can't be arsed to find any. But I bet I’m right” - Sid, 6th March 2018
senna
Star Man

City with 100 points.