Other Teams' Stuff

Non-United football chat
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Still, Kane persists with genius Joeys long ball plodding shite

Why's he not taking control and getting them playing proper football like they did under Poch
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

"A rather unseasonal message for Jose Mourinho"

Both sets of fans chanting fuck off Mourinho :))
sheesh
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago The racism in the stands is getting out of control, seems like it’s almost every weekend.
This is a reflection of the society we live in. People feel emboldened by the rhetoric of politicians. It seems to me that it's getting worse.
JoelfuckingGlazer
Legend

sheesh wrote: 4 years ago
bman2 wrote: 4 years ago The racism in the stands is getting out of control, seems like it’s almost every weekend.
This is a reflection of the society we live in. People feel emboldened by the rhetoric of politicians. It seems to me that it's getting worse.
Speaking purely from what I see with my own eyes and ears, I think instances of racism in the stands are much lesser than they used to be. But the spotlight being shone on it is much, much greater. I live near Bradford and I go to a handful of their games each season with friends and family. In the 80s for example, the level of outright racism among the crowd was rife. I dont just mean in terms of what was directed at players, I mean in the general discussion and mindset of spectators. But I can't remember the last time I heard or saw anything like that and over recent years in particular, there are far more spectators that would appear to be of Indian or Pakistani heritage going to games, and actively engaging with supporters of other races.

Personally I think great strides have been made with regard to diversity in football, but theres clearly more to do.

The debate on Sky after the game yesterday was an interesting one. The incident in question, from the way it's been reported, looks to be 2 blokes doing the usual ignorant monkey chanting stuff. And there'll clearly be the means to identify and prosecute those 2 morons. But Neville was talking about the players walking off a premier league game. If we're talking about giving literally 1 or 2 twats the means to abandon games at the highest level, I worry about where it could lead. Not saying it shouldn't be done, or that it might have to take something like that. I just dont knowing itd be a good or bad thing, or whether it's the best way of dealing with it.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

Sky presenter taking the bullshit "both sides" argument on racism. I was expecting him to launch into a defence of monkey gestures and racist chants for a minute. There are no two sides. Racism is indefensible. Glad to see he's apologised since (after getting slaughtered).
swampash
Legend

Game showed up clearly that Jose is another of yesterday's men.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

swampash wrote: 4 years ago Game showed up clearly that Jose is another of yesterday's men.
Careful, Knob will put you on his lefty bender list with that talk

Tow the line, Joey is a genius
swampash
Legend

Erickson benched again and then brought on as a sub to save Jose's bacon. He must surely be on the market in January?
bman2
Legend

swampash wrote: 4 years ago Game showed up clearly that Jose is another of yesterday's men.
Even so, Tottenham have the second best record in the league since Mourinho took over. Liverpool is first. They’ve scored more than us and won 5 of 7 games compared to our 3 of 7 in the same period.
Fuck the Glazers
Legend

bman2 wrote: 4 years ago
Even so, Tottenham have the second best record in the league since Mourinho took over. Liverpool is first. They’ve scored more than us and won 5 of 7 games compared to our 3 of 7 in the same period.
They should be doing well, they've got a better 11 than most other teams, especially us. Son, Kane and Eriksen are all world class. And their midfield is powerful too. Just a few of their players would transform us into a top team. We should be in for em as that team breaks apart.